New Jeep Magazine

Rticul8 said:
Am I really going to have to send a free magazine to Sparky? :rolleyes: LOL...

You sure that's OK with everybody else here, since he'd get his issue for no money and a lot more quickly?
Hmmm, the squeeky wheel may get greased after all!:)

Go for it Lisa, it's been a rough year for the Sparkman. He's by no means a charity case, but it has been a rough year. Through all the BS he's dealt with, he and his wife even took time to go down south and volunteer for hurricane relief.

Ga hed ga hed, throw some love his way (figuratively speaking of course). Think of it as an investment, if the mag is as good as we all hope, he won't be able to resist buying it next time ;)

Okay, if she gets a red light from the rest of the J Rations folks, I'm good for a dollar (after all I started the ribbing, I kinda have to).

OK, I'll send one to our friend Sparky as a thank you for his generous spirit. Give me the address (and a real name) and I'll put it in tomorrow's post.

Rticul8 said:
OK, I'll send one to our friend Sparky as a thank you for his generous spirit. Give me the address (and a real name) and I'll put it in tomorrow's post.

Fantastic!!! No better advertising that I can think of!! And ol' Sparky is sure to give us a detailed review on here.

Sent ya a PM, Lisa. Hope my ankle heals enough by the time it gets here to drive to the post office. These crutches are about to wear me out!! Oh, and trust me, I'll give a very honest, in depth review of it once I've read it. I'm sure it's going to be a great mag!

Oh, and Lisa? Promise you'll stick around the forums once you get the magazine business up and running? We'd love to have you around. As you might have guessed, this place is a great family that takes care of their own, and we'd love for you to be one of the family.

woohoo! saved myself .63$....now what jeep part can I buy for that?

Thanks Lisa...you ruined a great post...I was sure I was going to get at least a dozen or so cheap shots at Sparky while we collect his magazine money...
now I am going to have to poke fun at his gimp leg

Utah_jeepster said:
woohoo! saved myself .63$....now what jeep part can I buy for that?

Thanks Lisa...you ruined a great post...I was sure I was going to get at least a dozen or so cheap shots at Sparky while we collect his magazine money...
now I am going to have to poke fun at his gimp leg

See what I mean by a close "family"? I'm the red-headed step-child....:cry:

You guys are an extraordinary bunch of good people. Thank you sincerely for the invitation to stick around. You can bet I will. All of us over at J Rations love a good sense of humor, and this is the best I've seen in a long time!

:? I guess I should have held out paying for mine until the free ones came out.

Last edited:
Oh, come on, don't pout. I sent the free copy to Sparky only after I was properly beaten about the head and face! :roll:

My promise to you: Standard Issue 1 is worth every penny...and then some. You'll see!

I still pick up almost every JP issue, but it has dropped way off in quality of content. On the other hand though, I don't really remember what it was like when it first came out and those issues are so old that I'd need a whole day just to locate them.

I do seem to remember a short time before Pewe and crew turned it into flatfender monthly, but I can't remember anything about it. I know it basically sucked for me during that time. I guess my biggest question is whether this is going to be a magazine for rockcrawlers that drive Jeeps, or for Jeepers in general?

I guess my biggest question is whether this is going to be a magazine for rockcrawlers that drive Jeeps, or for Jeepers in general?

Our editorial profile is this: J Rations is for enthusiasts who live with real-world budgets (and that includes us). This was our principle behind the early days of Jp (before we were shown the door in the wake of buyouts) and it's the same now with J Rations. Our editorial schedule has articles for newbies and veterans and everyone in between. We might discuss high-end mods now and then, but that will be the exception. Don't expect to see rockcrawlers in J Rations. Our focus is on "Jeepers in general."

I take it your going to try and cover as much of the local/ country jeeping events?

Easter jeep safari?
Sema?
Hopfuly we will see you there.

JP looks for the biggest and baddest jeeps out there, that maybe have 10% left of the OEM parts left on them. Well there great to see but I am a real jeep owner and have 95% of mine still. I like to see real life build ups that takes the guy or gal one or two years just to save up to buy lockers. Personally I have waited 3 years till I was able to buy them. And almost everything I have on my jeep was custom made including the front bumper,rock sliders and rocker knockers. This is real life, I cant afford to buy a 06 Rubicon and drop 25,000$ into it. What I personally would like to see is single upgrades that the common jeeper can do. Like spot lighting on-board air...and see maybe 10 different jeepers ideas. Not one man going to K***y and dropping 1500$ and wham bam he has the dream on-board air system that I wouldn't be able to afford just to look at.
There are hundreds of upgrades that can be done that way, from cheap KC style lights to LED tail lights to simple body armor add ons that everyone can afford.

Steven W.

yes lots of swag, and a little fubar as well we need to know what to do and what not to do.......

Utah_jeepster said:
I take it your going to try and cover as much of the local/ country jeeping events?

Easter jeep safari?
Sema?
Hopfuly we will see you there.

JP looks for the biggest and baddest jeeps out there, that maybe have 10% left of the OEM parts left on them. Well there great to see but I am a real jeep owner and have 95% of mine still. I like to see real life build ups that takes the guy or gal one or two years just to save up to buy lockers. Personally I have waited 3 years till I was able to buy them. And almost everything I have on my jeep was custom made including the front bumper,rock sliders and rocker knockers. This is real life, I cant afford to buy a 06 Rubicon and drop 25,000$ into it. What I personally would like to see is single upgrades that the common jeeper can do. Like spot lighting on-board air...and see maybe 10 different jeepers ideas. Not one man going to K***y and dropping 1500$ and wham bam he has the dream on-board air system that I wouldn't be able to afford just to look at.
There are hundreds of upgrades that can be done that way, from cheap KC style lights to LED tail lights to simple body armor add ons that everyone can afford.

Steven W.

We will be at as many events as we can afford, both in funds and manhours. Right now we're planning to be at the Off-Road Impact show in Las Vegas, NV (Jan. 19-21).

Thank you for your input on editorial. We couldn't agree more. Like you, we are real-life Jeepers...I guess that's why we understand where you're coming from. And our editorial reflects that. If you haven't checked out the contents of Standard Issue 1, you can see for yourself:

http://basecamp.jrations.com/c/si1/si1_contents.php

Schwag is good and FUBAR is bad. Most people want to get as much schwag as they can get their hands on, while trying to avoid FUBARs (including SNAFUs and CFs). Typically you'll feel a BOHICA commin on right before your schwag SNAFUs causing you to send your rig into a FUBAR situation that results in a total CF.

(Schwag in this group most likely means free promo gear ;) )

Last edited:
Back