New Jeep Magazine

I have to say, you've outdone yourselves on the first issue! The writing is very good and the photography is better than what I've seen in other mag rags. I haven't played around with the CD yet, either, but plan to do that sometime this morning. Standard Issue 1 is definitely worth the money (especially since mine was free!).

Woo-hoo! Thanks, Sparky, for the good report! We know the price is a little salty, but with what's in SI1 and the quality of the product, we're hoping Jeepers will decide it's worth their hard-earned money. We've paid attention to every detail. Even the CD sleeve is archive-quality, produced with non-aggressive chemicals to prevent the CD from degrading over time.

When you get to playing with the CD, let me know if you encounter any trouble figuring out how to navigate among the features and I'll direct you.

Thanks again. I'm happy you have something fun to enjoy while your ankle is on the mend.

Hey! Wheres mine?..........I can't stand the anticipation. Maybe the mail lady stole my copy, it's a conspiracy...see now i'm getting paranoid.

As I sit here on Arizona on my brother-in-laws comper reading your words I am wondering if my copy has made it to Utah?

Order fulfillment started yesterday (the shipper finally got their act together), so you can look for your copies to arrive soon—probably in time for Christmas!

Rticul8 said:
you can look for your copies to arrive soon—probably in time for Christmas!

:D That will help me tune out the in-laws! Just kidding... sort of :-|

Sparky-Watts said:
.... Standard Issue 1 is definitely worth the money (especially since mine was free!).....

just keep rubbing it in....pal.:bomb:

:p :p :p

Last edited:
Lisa,

Just finished exploring the CD, and I gotta say......I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! The still shots and videos of the two trail rides are awesome. I learned a lot from the history section, too. That was extremely well done, and very, very informative. The music was incredible, very well matched to the content of the CD. All in all, I'd have to give you an 11 on a scale of 1-10.8)

Keep up the good work, I'm hooked.;)

Thanks, Sparky, for the high marks! You've made my day. :) Music can be tricky when trying to appeal to the broadest audience, but the tracks add a lot to the overall experience. If you liked the history piece on Standard Issue 1, wait till you see what's coming on SI2!! Jim Allen (the author/photographer) is writing a book, and he doesn't even know it! :lol: There are roughly 90 pix in part 2 of Buildling The Legend!

Did you have any problems navigating the CD? Did the compass seem intuitive? Did you read the Help panel?

Thanks for your report!

Lo and Behold!!! Went to the mailbox today and what should greet me (??) but issue 1 of JRations magazine (and CD)!!!!:purple: :purple: :purple: Gotta love that mudwoman!!! I had no idea...............

Got mine today as well... well I gotta go, it's not reading itself ;)

Rticul8 said:
Did you have any problems navigating the CD? Did the compass seem intuitive? Did you read the Help panel?

I stumbled a little bit before I found the compass, but only for a few seconds, not really enough to mention. I didn't go to the help panel, as everything worked very well. I really liked the layout of the CD, pretty user-friendly, even for a computer boob like me.

I have not gotten mine yet.
Has anyone, west of the Mississippi gotten their copy yet?

I'm like TC, would love to have the CD at least to babysit me while the inlaws are here....:lol:

Excellent job on the mag, Lisa! Very well done.

Thanks much, TwistedCopper. I'll make sure the editor gets your comments.

I have not gotten mine yet.
Has anyone, west of the Mississippi gotten their copy yet?

Judging by current reports, 90Xjay, I have no doubt it'll arrive before Christmas.Rest assured, thet CD will definitely babysit you while the in-laws visit. Hope you have some decent computer speakers, 'cause you'll want them!

TwistedCopper said:
It's about time

for the record, that was for having a good Jeep mag, not a reference to delivery ;)

just wanted to clarify that.

for the record, that was for having a good Jeep mag, not a reference to delivery

That was how I took it. :)

Can I quote your comments about the mag on our Web site? Or maybe you'd write a letter to the editor to help us get word out that we do sorta know what we're doing?? Maybe? Please?

Rticul8 said:
That was how I took it. :)

Can I quote your comments about the mag on our Web site? Or maybe you'd write a letter to the editor to help us get word out that we do sorta know what we're doing?? Maybe? Please?

I'd be happy to, Lisa. Got a link for sending the letter?

I sent a LTTE. Hope you find it as useful as it is true.

Thank you, TC. We'll take all we can to help J Rations gain some traction.

Merry Christmas (and remember to save some of that J Rats CD for Christmas Day babysitting)!

Lisa

Back