New Jersey State Inspection

raptor_pilot

Warning: This is a two part post. Part one is a rant, skip to part to if you only want to help.

Rant:
Could someone please tell me why New Jersey is stuck up with their state inspections. I just waited in a 1 hour line to have my jeep inspected only to get to the front of the line and have some little bald guy tell me I'm too high. I'm soo high that I need a stability test. I'm not really that high tho, in fact i'm only 1 inch over he said. So I waste my time in this line to be told that. They wouldn't even do the rest of the inspection. You mean to tell me you couldnt see my Wrangler above all of the little sedans in front of me. I may not be huge but I am certainly taller than a car! Now I have to drive to ASbury Park, a half hour drive, to wait in another line probably, for another inspection. Mind you that I leave 20 Aug to go to college in FL. If I'd known I would have to deal with this anyway I would've gone bigger! I hate this state and can't wait to leave! Who makes up these hieght requirements anyway! ERRRRR! :evil:
Sorry if anyone works for the NJ DMV no insult meant :lol:

Question:
I am running 31x10.5" tires with a 3.5" lift on a '93 Wrangler. Should there be any chance that I wont pass this stability test? And Do I have to have a third brake light because I never got one with my jeep? Anything else they might pick on me for?

Thanks again for all of your help guys. And sorry about the rant, I feel better now.
Mike

Tires

man that stinks for you. I'm glad TN isn't that strict on stuff. Do you have to get it inspected before you head to FL? Or can you just put it off?

RE: Hood Misaligned.

You could always put a bunch of cinder blocks in it to lower it 1.5" and hit another station.... You are required to have any equipment that was in place from the factory. If it is all still there you will be fine. They measure the height at the bottom of the door.

Trails this weekend

Did the 93's have the 3rd brake light? I don't remember my 88 having one and I thought they were almost the same thing.

RE: Hood Misaligned.

I believe the 3rd brake light started on 95'

i'm not positive but i could swear the third brake light started before 95. either way, check on it, because if its required for 93, the fact that it wasnt there when you bought it is certainly not an excuse for not having one at inspection time.

And another problem.

the requirement for a third brake light started in 95, but it was standard equipment on some vehicles before that

RE: Re: the end of my world...

Well my '93 had a hardtop that had it mounted inside as standard equipment. I got rid of the hardtop tho in favor of a softtop. Also do you think I could get away with a gas station. Alot of them don't really care so they might not care about the hieght.
Mike

Back