new lift kit ?

CJZ JEEP

hey all happy holidays I hope everyone had a great christmas and hopes that all jeeps are safe....

anyway, i have some christmas cash to spend and I want to get a 4" lift for my 78 cj7... im thinking rough counrty but i dont know about the steeing stabilizer. i have one on there but it dont look factory. im kinda lost here.. any info on lifts (brands) or good tricks would be great. I looked for years for my jeep so i want the best for her:p

thanks everyone
Jay

I am running the rough country lift on my 84 cj not overly impressed with it but I suppose it has been OK for the money. The rear springs creak and pop like crazy and I have not been able to stop it. My next lift kit wiil most likely be a Rubicon Express. A little rough on the hip pocket.

I went with rough country on my 73 CJ5. mine was a 2 inch lift and have been very pleased with it. Remember to replace the old shackles and put in grease fitting. on the steering stablizer, I would stick with the factory style that rough country has. Unless you are going with extreme tires, factory should be good.

I ride rough sometimes Tellico and such before it closed. Had a few good years with the rough country lift. But when it started popping and cracking it just won't stop. New poly bushings u-bolts and a ton of other things. For street and moderate trail the Rough Country should be fine. But if you are going to ride hard you may want to consider Pro Comp or the rubicon express. My friend is running the pro comp and his 4 inch lift gave him an inch more than my 4 inch rough country lift. Both 84 CJ's:???:

hey thanks guys, I have to do some thinking i just want to do it right the first time and i dont have a ton of info on them... of course all the web sites brag about there stuff but thats what makes jeepz so great. I got time the jeep is stored for a wisconsin winter... but when and if spring ever hits she is coming out big and bad...:shades:

Back