New Tires

Hey guys,

I own a TJ, and looking to replace the tires on my Jeep. Looking for something that looks good, big, and rides well on and off road. Please keep in mind I have no lift. What tires would you suggest and a general price range of them?

Sorry for this, I'm sure, often repeated topic!

-Rob[addsig]

I'm running BFG All-Terrain TAs on my Jeep and their great. I do most of my driving on road and they handle great and I've found that they handle mud, snow, and sand quite well. I think you should be able to run 31x10.50x15 on your TJ. You should be able to pick them up for around $115 a piece, and I would think 10-15 for mounting and balancing. I work at a service station and we charge $10 to mount and balance. Hope this helps you out Evan
image-missing.png
[addsig]

ive got the same, and i really love them. i have 27" and im going to 30"s, but im gonna keep the same tire[addsig]

4-cyl or 6-cyl? What gears do you have in the differentials?

How much off-road use?[addsig]

No lift? 31's are the best bet on largest size then. If you've got a four cylinder, you're gonna notice a loss of freeway power at that size. I ran them on my old '97, it was liveable, just shifted more on hillls
image-missing.png
. Six cylinders and 3.07's are gonna be slightly doggish as well, but if you've got 3.73's, that's about perfect.

Tires? I always ran BFG AT's until my last set. I got the MT's and love them. They do just as well on the highway, but are obviously a ton better on the trail. If you want best overall trail performance look into a set of those or some MT/R's. Todays mud/aggressive tires aren't the same we've all been used to in the past. They've been designed to do much better onroad and offer significantly better tread wear similar to AT versions.[addsig]

Back