Newbie Lift Question

sglab

I recently purchased a 92 wrangler sahara as a fun summer toy! It is in great shape and pretty much stock! I would like to lift it and put larger tires on it, but i do not want to go as far as replacing brake lines and things of this sort! What is a good lift direction, leaf springs, body lift? And what are the largest tires i can go with a simple lift and possible spacers? Thanks for the help in advance!

i dont no about the other guys here but i was told that if you go much more than a 1 inch body lift the body roll on jeeps is wild i had i 90 ford ranger that had a 4 insh suspention lift and a 3 inch body lift sitin on 33 12.5 15 tires and man could i feel the body roll when i was out playin in it i think i was on rough country.com and talked 2 one of them there i could get a 4 inch suspenton lift and some 33 12.5 um 15 **** creep tires (the ones w/ the skull and cross bone on the side wall) i do beleive 2 my front door for like 1500 i didnt think that was 2 bad but i think u have have 2 fiddel w/ ur angels some whn u go that much....... i have a 9 wrangler that has a small lift on it and im sittin on 31 15.5 15 tires u can do a lil ofroad in thm bu nuthin real tough (not nuff clearence) maybe that will help some for ya but as for a body lift i wouldnt do much more than a 1 inch personally

I wouldn't go higher than 1" body lift, then maybe a full-length add-a-leaf kit. You can make the AAL kit from a used pair of front stock springs. The 1" BL can be made for about $25.

Also consider installing TJ fender flares. Requires a little fender trimming but the end result is nice and allows larger tires.

Thanks for all the help! I will try the TJ Fender flares, with a 1" body and new leaf springs! Hopefully this will give me the aggresive look that i am going for and allow for larger tires!

Phil,

YOU ARE THE MAN! Thank you so much! That weblink was great! Took me right to where i needed to be. By next weekend i should have it lifted and sitting on larger rollers!

Now that you've had a chance to peruse Quadratec's selection of suspension lifts tell us what direction you are headed in. Some of their products are better than others and we can help steer you clear of disappointment down the road.

• What size tires are you thinking of running?
  • How much lift will you need?
  • Have you found a manufacture that interests you yet?
  • What kind of wheeling do you plan on doing?
  • This rig is your daily driver, Yes/No?
-Phil

Hey i just put some 31 on my stock 04x. il try to upload some pics so you can see it. personally i want more but that's probably cause im young.

I did some research and found the rubicon express budget booster, its a 2" suspension lift that will not require brake line extentions or any extra work, at least not for me- it might for the older jeeps.

Attachments

• SNC00127.jpg
    SNC00127.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
  • SNC00111.jpg
    SNC00111.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
ha cool it worked!
yea thats just new tires and rims, no lift
It provides enough clearance for fun and is still good on the highway, at least as good as a jeep will be.

Now that you've had a chance to peruse Quadratec's selection of suspension lifts tell us what direction you are headed in. Some of their products are better than others and we can help steer you clear of disappointment down the road.

-Phil

I am thinking about 31's or 33's. I want it to look as beefy as possible without sacrificing too much on the daily drive.

I am thinking about 3-4 inch lift.

I like the quadratec set ups, and i found a few in JC Whitney that look good.

As far as wheeling, i am pretty much going to use this as a weekend warrior. There is not a whole lot of trails where i live unless i drive a good two to three hours away.

I have a bike that i ride a bit in the summer, but i will be driving this jeep a lot in the summer. I want to try to keep the miles off of my other car. Plus why have a jeep if you don't pop the top and enjoy the air!!!

Hey i just put some 31 on my stock 04x. il try to upload some pics so you can see it. personally i want more but that's probably cause im young.

I did some research and found the rubicon express budget booster, its a 2" suspension lift that will not require brake line extentions or any extra work, at least not for me- it might for the older jeeps.

I like this look! My 92 is very similar to this color and this it pretty much the look i am looking for! Thanks for the pics! Jeep looks great!

-Phil

I think this one is the winner!

Rubicon Express 4" Standard Suspension System with Doetsch Shocks

For 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ

image-missing.png

As far as wheeling, i am pretty much going to use this as a weekend warrior. There is not a whole lot of trails where i live unless i drive a good two to three hours away.

Not sure what part of Maryland your from,but from Baltimore to rausch creek orv is about 2 hours.Well worth and they provide camping places make a weekend out of it.

Not sure what part of Maryland your from,but from Baltimore to rausch creek orv is about 2 hours.Well worth and they provide camping places make a weekend out of it.

I am near Bel Air. I was looking at a few local 4wd clubs and a lot of them have rausch creek listed! Once i am done my lift i will have to check this place out!

Back