newbie questions

pizaba

Alright,

so i've owned a jeep off and on for about 4 years. every time i get the chance to be around my jeep(s) i want to get it rigged for mudding. i have a rough idea of what i'm looking for. i've got a 04 wrangler, already got my bumpers and side steps on. got some inside upgrades (mollie sys seat covers). so currently my goals are as follows:

sup left, tires, rims, exhaust

i'm not going to be a hardcore mudder since i'm in the dfw area, it doesn't rain enough to play alot. i want a good lookin jeep that can hold its own when playing, but also can deal with daily chores/work stuff. also, i'm dirt poor at the moment and my budget is beyond limited. so basicly, any suggestions for some good gear?

Welcome to the Z. If you have no money for upgrades spend the wheel time you have learning how to negotiate the trail with the jeep that you have. Stock jeeps are very nimble vehicles right out of the box when driven properly. Think about WWII and the Willys, those guys didn’t have lifts, oversized tires, and the like but manage to win a war largely based on the mobility the jeep gave them.

As money is tight I would keep a close eye on Craig’s List, the bulletin board at your local grocery store, jeep club web pages in your area, and the local wrecking yards for jeep parts. That way you will know what’s out there and what people are getting for the parts you may want. Every now and then something you’re looking for will come up; if the piggy allows and the deal is right swoop in and pick it up. To me the hunt is half the fun. In the interim refurbish your jeep where you can when it only cost you your time to make sure it’s in top shape.

totally and completely a typo. sorry. i might be new to the jeeping world, but i do have some legs to stand on.

thanks for the pointers saddle. i've owned jeeps for alittle while and i do go and play when i can, but nothing crazy of course. if i can't afford to upgrade the jeep, i can't afford to replace broken parts. i hope i win the lottery

if i can't afford to upgrade the jeep, i can't afford to replace broken parts. i hope i win the lottery

Haha, i guess every jeep owner wishes they could win the lottery.

Pizaba, a good thing to do would be to look on Craiglist. Saddle is right, you'd be amazed at the things you could find on that website.

Good luck

Back