NO... Not a good job Florida!!!!!!!!!!

mingez

unable to post picks

So, I've been diligently watching this election and a couple of things strike me as interesting.

First off, Florida and Pennsylvania STILL haven't tallied their votes and it's already 10pm Eastern. 3 freakin' hours? New York, a bigger state, reported results by 7:45 pm eastern, at least..that's when I saw it. Those freaking other two states are ridiculous.

Absentee votes in Florida, 250,000 of them, aren't going to be tallied til Thursday?!!! WTH? Did these blue haired idiots not learn their lesson last election?

Why were they not prepared!??!

Somebody invade that POS state and apply a scorched earth policy. :evil:

Damn blue hairs... take away thier right to vote along with thier right to drive!

Another funny aspect is that at 10:15 PM MST, CNN STILL hasn't declared Florida for Bush!

ABC, NBC, FOX, and even YAHOO have all made the declaration in favor of Bush. ABC did it over an hour ago. :lol: :lol:

Mingez

In New Mexico they went to sleep without counting the provisional ballots? HELLO, I went to sleep to but I am not working on the presidential campaign!

I am annoyed too, life needs to be simpler darn it! Maybe by the time I leave the country Friday they'll have announced the "actual" winner. I'm not planning on it today.

Lady

Lady, I sure hope you're right about declaring a winner. I will be interested to see what the British press has to say about all this- they usually have quite a different take on events than we do here in the states.

In NY the polls didnt close until 9pm. Plus there are tons of write in ballots and stuff. When your talking about hundreds of millions of votes done by machine or paper it cant be done instantly. Have patience. Maybe jump on your laptop with wireless internet, while watching your big screen tv, download your favorite song and relax a minute with your instant coffee.

mingez said:
Another funny aspect is that at 10:15 PM MST, CNN STILL hasn't declared Florida for Bush!

ABC, NBC, FOX, and even YAHOO have all made the declaration in favor of Bush. ABC did it over an hour ago. :lol: :lol:

Thats because they have to wait for the voting on the west coast to stop, they don't want to try to sway any voters, or make them think that their vote won't count cause ________ already won _________ states.

I read it in the news paper

Hey!!!! Stay in your Own dang state Mingez. You casted your vote, it counted, but FL cast theirs and apparently Kerry scares them more than Bush. Just cause you are a Hippy doesn't mean everyone else has to be :p

mudwoman wrote:

I will be interested to see what the British press has to say about all this-
:( :(

Just my humble American opinion here, mudwoman

Let the land of no gun rights and people with big crooked teeth worry about themselves..... :lol: :lol:

and Yes, LadyJeepFreak, that WAS a sterotype! :lol: :lol:

jps4jeep said:
mingez said:

Thats because they have to wait for the voting on the west coast to stop, they don't want to try to sway any voters, or make them think that their vote won't count cause ________ already won _________ states.

I read it in the news paper

If that's the case then why did EVERY othere state in the same timezone get called? New York has more electoral votes. So by that logic, they should call NY either.

Besides, the bloggers get air time and that does all the "damage" necessary.

LadyJeepFreak said:
Mingez

In New Mexico they went to sleep without counting the provisional ballots? HELLO, I went to sleep to but I am not working on the presidential campaign!

Yeah, but the difference in the votes was only 12000. They knew that there wasn't going to be a clear winner until tommorrow anyway, so why not get sleep be fresh and not do what Florida did last election. Because at the time of the decision, New Mexico might have decided it.

mudwoman said:
Lady, I sure hope you're right about declaring a winner. I will be interested to see what the British press has to say about all this- they usually have quite a different take on events than we do here in the states.

Mrs. Mud!! Nice to see you on with your own handle!!

90Xjay said:
Let the land of no gun rights and people with big crooked teeth worry about themselves..... :lol: :lol:

and Yes, LadyJeepFreak, that WAS a sterotype! :lol: :lol:

You didn't mention anything about the food...you can't forget about that. Believe me, as much as I try, the memory sticks with me.

:lol:

Special_K wrote:

You didn't mention anything about the food...you can't forget about that. Believe me, as much as I try, the memory sticks with me.

I am assuming you weren't happy with the bland food. :lol: :lol:
I have read it all taste like cardboard with mayonaise on it. :lol: :lol:

90Xjay said:
Special_K wrote:

I am assuming you weren't happy with the bland food. :lol: :lol:
I have read it all taste like cardboard with mayonaise on it. :lol: :lol:

English food is what EVIL tastes like.

English food is what EVIL tastes like.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mingez,
I continue to be impressed with your command of the english language!

Back