oil pressure

Bigcountry10

I've searched thru the old threads so some one point it out if you know of one. Only on the first start of the day my jeep says that there is no oil pressure and I'm pretty sure it's right by the noise under the hood, but all I have to do is turn it off and back on then no prob for the rest of the day. It's an 05 2.4L and I'm sure there is no good coming from a dry start.

It sounds like you may have some real problems that need attention,if you have access to a manual oil pressure guage check that 1st,then the oil pump its self,i dont know what the noise sounds like but this would be a good place to start, plus i wouldnt be driving it unless necessary,if your like me its also your daily ride,good luck

If the noise you are reffering to is an engine knock and goes away after the second start with oil pressure, check the pressure releif valve located on the oil pump housing. The oil pump housing is in the front of the engine behind the crankshaft damper pulley. The pressure releif may be getting stuck due to wear or may have some debris stuck in it.

the noise is not a knock, it sounds more like when the starter stays engaged a little to long. It only lasts about 2 sec. I'm going to hunt down this pressure valve now

Back