On the road again... (big pics)

PhattyX

Well, I'm back driving my Jeep!!! After 8 long months of "restoration", I'm... on the road again! So, enjoy pics of my spoils...

I remember when I bought it... complete with overheating on the turnpike.
image-missing.png

How bad could it be?
image-missing.png

Finally!
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

It's good to be back.

-X

That's a clean looking CJ you have. Looks great!

The photos aren't loading for me :-( Try uploading them to your Jeepz.com photo album. Just click on the "album" icon at the bottom of your post.

Beautiful!!

Did you paint your own? If so, how did it go? Getting ready to paint my own now.

Re: RE: Jeep wave vs Motorcycle wave

I echo Ritt's question. Is the body work your own or did you get someone else to do it for you? Nice looking CJ. I love the color you chose.

Thanks for all the feedback. I thought it turned out great. It's nice to see all the agreement.

The body work: my girlfriend's Dad does body work. We (read mostly him) fabricated sheet metal to patch all the holes and welded it in. Only afterwards did we realize we could buy the panels pre-cut to fit. That was only one of the many learning experiences. I learned a lot about body work, from him... not enough to do it all myself, yet.

The paint: it was done in dusty garage. It went pretty good... but the dust became a problem in some areas. If... or when... I do it again, I'll get a portable tent to put up in the garage to keep more of the dust out. Ventilation is VERY important. We used a pretty strong floor fan, opened the garage door enough to prop it under then sealed around it. It worked efficiently for an exhaust fan. Make sure you've got plenty of lighting... escpecially with a metallic color. Some of the spots came up with too little paint and they were re-shot.

Specs? It really isn't much... yet. Pretty factory, really. '84 CJ7, 3.07 gears w/ worn out trac-lok. 31's under a 1" add-a-leaf lift. However, it does have an AMC 360 V8. The exhaust is custom from header back on each side. My brother is amazing at exhausts and really did an incredible job on this one.

What next? I have another pair of speakers to put in it so the back-seaters can hear the tunes. After that, I think I'm going to regear... I have 4" leaf springs and the drop pitman arm, so once the tires start going, I'll install that.

Thanks again for all the compliments!

-X

Phat CJ! Great job for doing it on your own, that color looks really good on it! Was the restoration mainly body work?

Looks good! I keep forgetting to borrow my girlfriend's camera so I can take some shot of mine and show it off on here!

Attn: Trail Video Junkies

You did exactly what I am starting to do with my CJ. I'm replacing the tub on mine though. But my dad is going to come over and help me with the paint and body work. I hope mine turns out as good as yours did.

RE: Re: RE: Roll Bar Paint Color

I see you have the AC under the dash. Does it work. I need one bad for the steamy days down here.

Back