over heating???

jayysmith87

in my 92 jeep the temp guage is not working at all.. it stays a 100 like its cold.. i start it and runn it but i wont go up.. its seems to be running fine but i dont wanna blow it up or anything.. any ideas??

your stat could be stuck open..Turn on your heater,do you have any heat?

If your stat is stuck open you will not over heat your engine.

already had replaced the stat and new radiator hoses cause one had a crack.. new anti freeze.. and still nothing on the temp gauge.. i let it run for a while and it doesnt move at all

Disconnect the coolant temp sensor wire, with the key on engine off, ground the coolant temp. sensor wire and see if the gauge moves all the way to the Hot position. If it does, the issue is probbably in the electrical rather than mechanical. in this case , Faulty Coolant temp. sensor.

put a new sensor in and now the gauge works! thanks! but now it still over heats!? i put anti freeze in it and it works fine for a while and then it starts to over heat again. so i put some water in it and it works fine for a while.. i dont know if its the radiator or a leak somewhere?? help!!

If you are losing fluid you need ot find out where it is coming from.If it is over heating and just boiling out of the over flow then you need to start checking the system for clogs.

Hmm, sounds like you have an air bubble in the cooling system. Try burping it.

my 91 yj 4.0 litre started running hot years ago and decided to do the big 3. replaced t/stat,water pump and rad.perfect ever since.

i replaced the anti.. radiator hoses.. stat.. now maybe the water pump? and radiator? how much is that and is it hard to do??

Water Pump- Around $60.00. ( Make sure you put in the CORRECT pump )
Radiator- Around $250.00

Not Hard to install at all. When I installed my water pump I let the sealent dry for 24 HRS. before i attempted to start the engine to make sure that sealent was completly dry. Best of Luck..

startin to put water pump on now... seems pretty easy to do just a couple of bolts.. it looked like the leak was at the water pump but not 100%.. wut else could it be if this does not fix it?

Cracked head,but if that was the case you would get alot of white smoke,steam, out of your exhaust pipe.Only thing else would be the radiator.

Before changing the radiator and spending the money take it to a garage and have them pressure test your radiator.

Cracked head,but if that was the case you would get alot of white smoke,steam, out of your exhaust pipe.Only thing else would be the radiator.

Before changing the radiator and spending the money take it to a garage and have them pressure test your radiator.

Better yet, Pressure test the whole cooling system. If there's any external leaks, you'll find it. if it's internal, it would end up in the crankcase or out the exaust.

i put the water pump on and it was where the leak was.. but it seems to be running kinda rough... if i keep running it.. it gets back to normal.. and it seems to be running GREAT! i dont know why it was running rough?

Back