Paint codes, how can I obtain them?

mingez

Looking to paint my XJ. Does anyone know how I can get a paint code from a specific type of vehicle? I don't want to risk having someguy trying to match it, but having it end up a shade off.

My choices are Jeep red, like this one:
image-missing.png

Or the Chevy sunburst orange.

radiator to sprinkler in one easy step...

Thats a nice xj, too bad it isn't mine! hehe,
Ya on the fire wall, usually it is a 2 letter, one numerical code with chrysler
My old YJ was PQ2 paint code. (this funky metallic aqua-green color)

grizzly rims

Its usually found inside the drivers side door on the seem but if not, try under the hood. From my personal experience having a paint code scan done is not perfectly accurate. But if all else fails that red doesnt seem too complicated, Nice Jeep and good luck
Oh yeah and if thats an original jeep color they can look it up in a manual too..........We use "napa" here but you can go wherever

mingez where'd you get a picture of my xj? ha...i wish :roll:

bchcky said:
mingez where'd you get a picture of my xj? ha...i wish :roll:

It's from another forum. He is the the main dude at Jeepin.com. But I warn you, those people are freaks. Good info, and a few good people, but some seriously major flaming going on. Nobody can ask a newbie question around there without someone calling your mama a whore.

But, his XJ rules! 4.56 gears, d44, locker. SYE from JB conversions, Tom Woods driveshaft. Custom 4x4 bumpers and armor. Front to back mods from airtube to exhaust. Throttle body spacer, terra low kit, and most important: cool stickers. Pretty sweet. It's what I dream of, right down to the color.

As far as the paint codes go, I suppose it's the sunburst orange I was most concerned about. But the Chevy sunburst is harder to find. I don't know anyone with those colors, and I don't really want to bother a dealership. Okay, truth be told, I'M TOO LAZY TO GO TO A DEALERSHIP and get the codes. But REALLY what I was hoping someone might tell me what those codes are. Anyone know? Thanks y'all.

Back