Paint

Dorivin

Ok, I will start this Saturday on painting my jeep a new color other then red.
First off to explain my reasons, RED IS AN UGLY COLOR FOR A JEEP!!! 2 cents.
One of the guys I used to run with, his dad is a friend of mine and he has been working at Nissan for 15+ years as a painter and has owned 4 shops and ran others, so the guy knows his stuff.
So i'm trying to decide what you all think is a good color.
White looks mean with black wheels, but I'm not just wanting another white jeep.
So im thinking of doing it yellow cause I haven't seen much that are yellow, So heres the picture of the color yellow.
image-missing.png

My windows are tinted abit darker then those in the back but the front is about the same.
I believe I won't be taking this off roading to much till maybe next october due to it being my dialy driver and I need to get money put into it. Lift, tires, ect...So once I get another jeep this will be my daily. So let me know what you guys think and if you got any suggestions or pictures of jeeps like mine.
Thanks...

awesome! So you no longer have to sell the Jeep?
Thats good news.;)

yellow bro.. come on!

If i ever got a paint job, i would go with flames.. if im gonna spend the money for it i might as well spend an extra thousand and make it custom.

White like this one?? Yellow would def catch your attention! I like the yellow!!will need some nice shiny wheels!!

Well I'm getting the paint job for free, I help this old guy with his computer and I've pulled his son out of enough holes.I'm wanting to use black wheels insted of shiney, I just think the black looks great. My last jeep cherokee was white and I liked it but It's just gonna look like every other cherokee. If i'm ever going to get you wranglers to wave at me I am going to do it so you go OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT YELLOW VIKING MOBILE WHO HAS A DRIVER WEARING A KILT!!! OMFG!
PS: Flames HA! More like a Dragon Ship tearing out thourgh the tail gate.

Your XJ is a prime candidate for the DIY olive drab paint job.

Get yourself a couple gallons of Aervoe's camo paint. It is bulletproof and cab be sprayed or even rolled on if you want a rugged looking semi-rough texture.

You could do it yourself in a weekend.

CAMO!!!!
*dies*
I hate the look of camo, I used to live on a military base so everyone and their brother had a camo jeep or something of the sort.

CAMO!!!!
*dies*
I hate the look of camo, I used to live on a military base so everyone and their brother had a camo jeep or something of the sort.
I don't like camo either. I meant solid olive drab, solid khaki, or something like that. I figured I would mention it because in one thread you mention financial troubles then in another the need to paint your Jeep. Paint jobs can be costly and this would be a cheap alternative. If you're not into it that's cool... it's not for everybody.

Oh, just a thought... that same paint comes in just about any color. If you hit trails that could scratch the Jeep it's a great alternative to spending alot of money only to pin stripe it all up on the first trail run.

Good luck whatever you do, just remmeber to post pics ;)

The thing is, I'm getting it done for free.
Its a trade for a older guy who I help work on his computer and get him up and running on it teaching him things like how to burn and copy dvd's and movies, to online dating and copying pictures and stuff like that. He's rather old and not computer savvy...

Now I have seen the Khaki color and I was kind of fond of that but that was also out in the desert on an amigo. I don't think I'll take this off road much till I get a second vehicle. If I do it'll be this summer and i'll be in north carolina for about 2 weeks and that'll be on the beach. I'm hoping to have a 4.5 inch lift on it by then and some tires. I'm about to start pulling a second job just to save up for that. The thing about money issues is slowly going away, with this second job I'm hoping to be able to get myself up on my feet. Cause that tax return is what will be buying that lift and tires.

I'm with TC on this one.
A straight up single stage urethane enamel paint in a military color would look awesome with some fresh painted blacked out wheels.
Everything you would add later ,you can paint semi-flat black.
Both colors you could touch up out of a rattle can.

Just my two cents, If you do what you want to then you will be happy right?

I miss my "electric Lime Green" and it was a great looking color with solid black body armor, and black stealies.....

For what it's worth, I think yellow's sweet! Just not canary yellow like the one in the pic you posted. You should go with a darker yellow, similar to the kind you find on land rover Defenders.

Here's a pic of one, notice the slight tinge it has vs. the XJ?
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

I loved the Sunset orange on my old XJ. I miss it!
strip-1.jpg

I've seen a couple yellow XJ's. It was a stock color for a year or two before they quit making them. The only Jeeps I ever really liked yellow on were CJ7's, but the couple XJ's I have seen didn't look bad. Yellow is a good color for black accessories too.

Those Defenders look great though. I love Defenders... sweet machines! Galvanized frames, aluminum bodies, and very capable.

That's a sweetheat deal getting a free paint job. I wouldn't hesitate on that one ;)

i have an off color on my yj. its what i call oxidized olive drab green. it was a standard color for the sahara edition. but time and neglect lead to a really bad layer of oxidized paint that makes it look different ... now i just cant figure out how to mix up a can of this color to repaint it with.

Can we call your rig "Big Bird" then??? :)

I ran across a house of kolor color that is a shade of copper. I bet it would look sick with the black steelies, flares, and black walls, maybe some real black tint,... Niiiiiice!

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Last edited:
i have an off color on my yj. its what i call oxidized olive drab green. it was a standard color for the sahara edition. but time and neglect lead to a really bad layer of oxidized paint that makes it look different ... now i just cant figure out how to mix up a can of this color to repaint it with.
Yeah I have that same oxidation on the hood. It's bad and the clearcoat is peeling too. My pass side front fender is charcoal in color from when the previous owner kissed a Jersey wall.

I would really like to retain that stock color. I suppose there are paint/color codes or something available somewhere. Let me know if you find anything and I'll do the same.

I do know the sticker packages are available too.

Yeah I have that same oxidation on the hood. It's bad and the clearcoat is peeling too. My pass side front fender is charcoal in color from when the previous owner kissed a Jersey wall.

I would really like to retain that stock color. I suppose there are paint/color codes or something available somewhere. Let me know if you find anything and I'll do the same.

I do know the sticker packages are available too.

What color is your Jeep, TC? Some of the pics it looks blue, others it looks OD green.....:?

Back