Paint

Dorivin, I think your Jeep would look awesome in yellow with black accessories! I've always been fond of the yellow/black paint schemes as well as the white/black like on mine, but I agree, the white/black looks better on a SWB Jeep than it does on a XJ. Same with yellow on a XJ looks better than on a SWB.

Like someone else mentioned, if it's what you like, go for it!! But I'll agree, yellow is the way to go!;)

Wow I never thought this whole paint thing would branch off like this...
I like the yellow, it stands out among alot of other XJ's that i've seen.
Most Xj's that I've seen either are Red or White and some Blue...go figure!
But I have yet to see a yellow one and I think the yellow would look great cause I think yellow with a black soft top on a TJ or YG or CJ looks nice.
I'm getting this paint job because one I hate the color red on it, two I'm tired of not being able to stand out abit when i'm packed with other XJ's, three I've gotta get a way for you others to notice me when I wave lol...The black and yellow does stand out really well. I was telling my friend last night and he was like DO TAXI CAB CHECKERS ACROSS THE SIDE!!!
AND NO YOU CAN"T CALL ME BIG BIRD!!! Call me the ugly little duckling! YAR
Well on with the project, yesterday was the first day, we got out the big ugly dents on the drivers side, bondoed it up and sealed it, today were gonna finish that side up, repeat the process on the passenger side and hood to finish up the body work in that area. So for the next week i'm gonna be cruising in a half bondoed half red jeep. Next weekend its a day and a half on the paint job. Sunday will be the revealing of the sexy yellow and newly painted shiney black jeep wheels...^.^
PS: Who else has the pet peeve of someone saying wheels are tires?
Wheels are the things tires go on...!
Thanks for your opinion, i'll try to borrow a camara today to take some pictures.

Sounds good! One thing to keep in mind....your yellow XJ will not only stand out to you and be noticed, but also to every social deviant in the country.....just be forewarned that it will also be a target.:(

Sounds good! One thing to keep in mind....your yellow XJ will not only stand out to you and be noticed, but also to every social deviant in the country.....just be forewarned that it will also be a target.:(

Sparky,
Have I missed something here?;) ;) ;)

...ok, maybe im thinking of going to the other end of the spectrum in a manner. Khaki dosen't sound that bad at all. With all the black on it it might look good.

...ok, maybe im thinking of going to the other end of the spectrum in a manner. Khaki dosen't sound that bad at all. With all the black on it it might look good.

go with some black stars on the doors and hood to give it that military look.

Back