Paint

Sunbow

The CJ7's just about ready for new paint... Does anybody know about how much paint it will take to do the outside + the inside of the windshield frame + dashboard?

Also, I guess I'm leaning towards an Acrylic Urethane over Acrylic Enamel...any opinions?

Thanks,

Sunbow

83 CJ-7, 258, T-5, Dana 300, Ford ignition, Nutter bypass[addsig]

If you pay a professional to do it, it will cost anywhere between 2-5k to have it done right, the best thing to do with paint is ask people in your area who's paint jobs you really like and ask them who painted their car, truck, or jeep. Remember you pay for what you get cheap is not always better and your paint job is something you will be looking at for a long time to come. Hope that Helps Evan[addsig]

I had a pretty nice paint job! but it is a scrached up mess from all the laural trees and brush on the trails. Some how I kind of like it better this way. Next paint job will be camo. tug[addsig]

Are you planning on painting this yourself if ao go with the enamel it is easy to work with. Should only take a couple of quarts that will make 1 gallon of paint, if you do alot of trail riding paint it yourself it hurts to see them deep scratches in a 2000.00 paint job.[addsig]

Thanks for the replys.

I'm thinking of painting it myself. We've got all the hardware off, and its all sanded and primed. It really doesn't look too hard, but then again I may be wrong. Wish us luck![addsig]

I would do it yourself. If you have someone else do it it will cost way too much and if you use the Jeep like most of us do, You WILL get scratches. Remember, preperation is 90% of the paint job.[addsig]

Heck, if the paint comes out bad....just keep a nice layer of mud on it!! :evil:
Works for me... :cool: [addsig]

Back