painting my cj5

so i finally unwraped my bran new tub and body kit that i got around christmas. now comes time to paint it...anybody with anyideas of something that would like neat and be kinda unique?...thinking about a metalic greeny tan...let me know what yall think...will post pics when i get home

grizzly grip the inside an out :shades:did my son's 93 yj in bright red an it is tough as hell. he bounces off of stuff that would scratch reg paint all to heck.

black87yj said:
grizzly grip the inside an out :shades:did my son's 93 yj in bright red an it is tough as hell. he bounces off of stuff that would scratch reg paint all to heck.

Where can ye get it?

<(icedmiester)>

So I went to the armourthane website and sent em an email. Tryin to find there closest dealer... I'm in the gta in Ontario anyone know of one round here?

<(icedmiester)>

So I went and got myself some duplicolour bed armor, wondering if I should roll on or spray on. Anu suggestions?

<(icedmiester)>

Thinking something like this but a little darker with a bit of a metalic green... Haven't decided for sure yet

Hey Ian,

Sure love your job you have done so far. You used the zinc chromate as did I, but your job is much better than mine and the way you did it, will last far longer. I am most impressed and well done, sir.

The color choice is excellent as well. You mention you want it tan but darker. I've used that darker tan for the last 22 Jeep over 40 years and am quite pleased with it. I use the Cummins Diesel Tan which is a great color and last good.

image-missing.png

Engine Enamel:Specialty | PlastiKote Paint Products

(lower right hand corner for color chip sample): Pastikote Engine Enamel: Product #233

Hope that is helpful and again, stunning job on your Jeep. Wow.

Robert

Last edited:
And Ian, here is another shot with a more natural color blend in the Southwest Desert Commons, along the Mexican border here in southeastern NM. The afternoon light blends this well and shows the darker shade of the tan you may be after.

image-missing.png

Hope that is helpful for a suggestion.

Robert

there is a flat light brown that looks cool. its a fair bit darker then sand but is not actually brown. its very hard to find though

Did I mention Pink.

Mr. Robert Stephens... did you happen to catch the mating rituals of the wildbeast on the Serengeti.. Love the Jeep.

Thanks for the suggestions guys lol still wondering, roll on or spray on for the bed armour?

<(icedmiester)>

never used your product but roll on requires only a roller so no overspray i've used imitation rhino liner type products for bed liners and undersides of classic cars per the customers request and they all require a special spray gun and substantial air pressure. however you can spray into small spaces better than rolling.

Back