Posi Lock this YJ

Cherokee Dana 44 on YJ Wrangler. Questions..

a reliable cable is much much better than some air being sucked through some hoses

hey tug. Great article thanks a ton. It doesn't say but I assume he tried to seal the area as much as possible from the hole he drilled???

For some reason that web site reminds me of the Queen song "Bicycle" :lol:

He did not but I saw the same problem and here is what I did.

At the houseing drill the hole then tap to fit a simple bike shifter cable adjuster. Thread it in and after the cable buts up I used blue automotive silicon to seal the area. Never had a problem. good luck and the best part of this deal is . When running in 4 Lo you can dis engage to make a turn in a dry area makeing you able to run in 2 LO this is a very good thing. I wheeled rough areas in 2 LO being able to engage the front end with a pull of the cable at any time. The best mod for the buck ever other than disconects on a YJ. tug

Tug you really think fast disconnects for the sway bar, and removing the trak bar, are that helpful for offroading?

my 95 still has the trak bar on, I think I know where it is...but not really sure :?

Do you have any guides on this like you did on the posi lock?

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH yeah... the bars REALLY hinder axle movement which can leave your tires reaching for the ground in many situations... it also keeps your tub level when in multicamber terrain

can you just leave that swaybar hanging in there after you use the quick disconnects? from what i have read why even have a rear track bar, on road or off? now the sway bar you seem to need but do you have to pull it out and stick it back in every time?

it seems to be the simple stuff that profounds me....swapping engines, trannies, tcases, and drive lines (what most wouldn't touch) I do....and the simple things sway bar and track bar I have no clue about

I was amazed at how much more traction I had offroad with no rear trackbar and my swaybar disconnected. You will be too!

As far as the swaybar, it stays in place. Just yank the discos or unbolt and remove the links (if you don't have the quick discos) and leave the swaybar in place. If it wants to sag downward, just tie it in place with a heavy zip tie or something. Mine doesn't budge and tying it is not needed.

When you get back to the road, hook 'em back up.

The track bar is the bar that is on the top of the driver's side of the rear axle and goes up to a frame mount on the passenger side. Yank it for good!

TwistedCopper said:
I was amazed at how much more traction I had offroad with no rear trackbar and my swaybar disconnected. You will be too!

Not to mention takking the thud out of the trail bumps some what! tug

Back