Power Steering

The biggest thing is to get the PS pump bracket. I got the stuff for mine from an 82. I was told that is when they went to O rings so leaks are less. I also got used but if you can get the pump bracket I would probably just buy all new so I don't have to worry about it. Really easy swap.

You will need a Pitman arm for PS. You will also need to change the Spline thing at the end of the stearing shaft. It is a little bigger on the PS pump. I Also installed a MOOR Stearing bracked to get rid of the movement from the old 2 Piece. This did cause some problems. I had to mount to the bracket then to the frame because I could not get to all of the bolts. Works Great and Turns really well. If you want more detail PM me.

Why? Power steering is overrated. I have been wheeling my '56 cj-5 with ROSS manual steering and lockers in both axles for 5 years. NO PROBLEM, just really sore arms the next day.

the main reason is i got a deal on a power steering box and i want to run a hydraulic winch that i have sittin in the shop. plus im tired of creek crawling and getting bit by the steering wheel.

After I got suck because I couldn't get the stearing wheel around I started searching. If you have the box you can get a new pump cheep.

Back