Power?

Chamberlin22

I have an 02 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 4.0L, 4Cyl.. I just got a 4" lift with 33" MTZ's. Well after i have drove it for a couple weeks i have noticed that i dont have as much power. What would be the easiest upgrade to get a little more power. I have thought about getting a K&N Air Intake to make it breath better, would that do anything?

Thanks, Rick

Attachments

• 0828001948a.jpg
    0828001948a.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 139

The 4.0L is a 6cyl. Do you have the 4 or 6 cyl?

Opening up the intake and exhaust will help a little. Freer flowing exhaust like a cat back system and a cold air intake should give a little more umph.

A K&N intake will help but they're pricey, you can make it yourself a lot cheaper. Check out the stock intake in the for sale section on this forum, it's from a 4.0L and works great to make your own performance intake. Just cut the tube from the box and attach a conical filter to the end of the tube. It's what I run on my 2.5L.

Also consider a 62mm throttle body, I have some if you're interested. Increases power, and mileage if you can keep your foot out of it. Great addition to a high flow intake.

Regearing your axles to 4.88 gears will give you the best performance as it will help overcome the added size and mass of the oversize tires. It is pricey but it's the right way to modify the jeep.

Check out www.4bangerjp.com for more 2.5L mod info.

Back