Problems...need help please

rageknight.jm

I have a 1996 jeep grand Cherokee limited 5.2l. The check engine light came on and said that I have a mess fire on cylinder 6 so I replaced the plugs, wires, coil pack, injector, and injector plug but the light is still on and saying the same thing is wrong...also once I hit about 45 to 50 MPh or once it hits 5th gear it starts shaking really bad in the front end..so obviously I started replacing the front end (wheel bearings, cv shaft, tires rebalanced, and the shimmy shock) but I'm still getting this problem. I've noticed that engine mounts are bad and I know they need replaced but I don't think that's my problem...I've looked everywhere online and also went to every shop in town and can't find any answers so someone please help it's my only vehicle right now and I love it

it is the 02sensor. autozone will read the code for free, and should be able to tell you which one it is. Just ask them if they can read your engine code.

Your best bet to find a misfire before dumping a lot of money into it is to swap parts from a cylinder that's not misfiring such as plugs, wire, coil pack or injector. If the problem moves to the cylinder you swapped it to , you found the problem. If not , further diagnostics is required such as , compression test, cylinder leak test and contamination check.

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz

It still says misfire on cylinder 6. .and I've replaced everything that has to do with it...so I'm guessing it's cylinder damage

But what I'm really worried about is the shaking...every shop in town can't figure out whats Goin on

Have the compression checked, cylinder leak tested and make sure the number 6 injector is not faulty or dirty, better yet, swap the number 6 injector with any of the other ones that are not misfiring and see if it moves.

That's the thing..the injector and the injector plug are brand new..I'm gonna get a compression test done cause I'm pretty sure it's cylinder damage but I'm more stumped about the shaking that's going on

The shaking could be caused by a multitude of different reasons. Loose or worn bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends or a track bar . Tire wear can give you a clue if the front end also needs to be aligned. Another component to check is the drive lines. Front or rear depending on where the vibration is most evident.

Back