Question, rockers and flares and stuff

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
I am in process of fabing up some Rocker guards. I was wondering, did you people that already have then put the guard under the flare and trim the flare or did you simply butt it up to the flare?

I have TJ flares so I could care less about cutting them up, but I chaulked the hell out of them when I put them on cause I live in the Salt belt!

I am not too morried about not protecting the very most rear portion of the body, I have already bashed the rockers a couple times!

Also I am gonna make a tube step to pivot off of, I got 1.25" DOM tubing with a .12 wall. I am gonna gusset the heck out of it and make it pretty stout, should this be stong enough to hi-lift, and pivot off of?

ya i would way so... jeepdude made his own and there are no gussets at all and we hi lift off of it all the time.... you should be pretty well of o and while your at it you can make me a set too :mrgreen:

as to the flares normally i always see them mounted butted up to the flare but i think it was sully who made the ones where he had to cut the flares and went wheel well to wheel well

I plan on trimming the flares and going all the way from wheel well to wheel well when I make mine. But thats just me.

Nathan

Most Aftermarket only require removing the Flare extention.

Back