Quick Disconnects

niwroc

I recently bought a 2000 TJ. I have heard a lot about putting sway bar quick disconnects for better articulation, and after doing some research realized that there are some for like $40 but for a 4 or 6 inch lift, and I plan to go a maximum of 2 inches. What's the difference in the $40 ones for the 4 or 6 inch and the $130 for stock or 2 inch? Is there a specific brand that's better, cheaper, etc?

Quick Disc's will give you 30% more wheel travel.
It's all in the wallet it's up to you.

Before my lift, I had used the JKS "Quicker Disconnects" and found them satisfactory.

image-missing.png

They are sturdy and well built, adjustable and greasable, as well. Installation was pretty straightforward. My only suggestion: To avoid the possibility of losing a clevis pin I attached them to 30 lb. test stainless fishing leaders looped over the end of the sway bar. This way if they should come loose they weren't going anywhere but dangle.

My only gripe was that these were a "lay on your back on the ground" disconnect and connect operation. And if your rig is not on level ground, from side to side, they can be a ***** to connect. My only other comparison is to the Nth Degree QuickSilver Disconnects I run now and with these, I just reach under the wheel wells and disconnect or connect them, level ground or not.

Don't know if this helped but thought I'd share my experience with you.

-Phil

The difference is when the stabilizer bar is hooked up the bar arms need to be as parallel to the road as possible to provide maximum effect. So that is why they come in 0 0-2 lift,2-4 lift and 6+ lift.
You only disco them off road when you want maximum articulation.

There are several manufactures that make a dual rate bar set-up ( Curry for one), then there are several manufactures that make automatic disconnects systems. But systems are more expensive running some where around 400$+.

Since your only going to go with a 2 inch lift look for one that is made for a 2 inch lift and install them along with your lift.

You get what you pay for. Lol. Probably has a lot to so with construction, finishes, bushings, etc. JKS and Rubicon Express make a good product.

or... Make your own, just use some sch 40 pipe. cut it to the desired length, cut out a portion of your factory sway bar links, drill holes in each and just use some lynch pins to hold it together, when you want to disconnect, pull the pins out and take out the section of pipe.

Eddie on 4x4xplor has a good write-up on homemade discos. Can't beat it for a couple of $$$'s

or... Make your own, just use some sch 40 pipe. cut it to the desired length, cut out a portion of your factory sway bar links, drill holes in each and just use some lynch pins to hold it together, when you want to disconnect, pull the pins out and take out the section of pipe.

JPs4jeep I am nominating you to the " You know you have a real jeep if.." thread in the general chat. lol If i saw a jeep with sch 40 pvc disconnects I would say im goin to follow this guy. Your kinda like Macgyver. Awesome!

Back