Quick question concerning brake lights.

01jeepgc

My daughters 2001 Grand Cherokee is experiencing a weird occurence with her drivers side brake light. I have replaced it several times and it seems to keep going out. The running lights work and when she steps on the brake that side goes dark. Am I missing something, isn't that just the bulb for the brake light needing to be changed? Could there be something else going on?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Mark

Check the ground connection on the light....

Check the contacts on the socket. If they have any kind of bend to them they loose contact. Do your best to straighten and flatten them out. For some reason it's always the driver side.

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem with mine as well. And guess what, same year as yours...

So, I went to my daughters to work on the brake light. Pulled the bulb fittings and inspected them. Broke one so had to go buy a new one. Switched some of them around between brake, back up and hazard. When I finished they were all working properly. Took my daughter to dinner and followed her to confirm everything was working, and they were. Got out of dinner, feeling good about taking care of this issue and she gets in the jeep, drives off and they are not working again!! ****ED ME OFF! Wouldn't that be a short somewhere? I'm also thinking I need to swap out all of the bulb fittings.

Ideas?

Back