Radiator help

Pxxcmd

Hi i have a cj7 1981 4 cylinder engine.

To me the fan from radiator is a bit to far. Its about 5 inches from the fan and the engine hasabout temputure of 96F. . Do i need a spacer kit? Please help.

5 inchs

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120618_174537.png
    ForumRunner_20120618_174537.png
    275.7 KB · Views: 268

This is what my 4cyl tj shroud looks like the fan is near the edge of the shroud

ForumRunner_20120618_165031.png

ForumRunner_20120618_165048.png

If you have an overheating problem I would look into a fan shroud. You want the cooler air coming from the radiator vs. The outside air.

I take that back I guess looking online there pricey but cant seem to to find one for the 4 banger only the 6 cyl, id call the dealership

Yea o im having a small electric problem. Idk what happen but my lights were working after i rewired them but i acidently touched the wrong wire and puff my lights dont work now. How do i fix this

Check all your fuses and see which one popped I did the same thing not to long again and had to replace a simple fuse and all was back to normal

There should be fuses to the left of the steering colunm under the dash behind a panel, and another set under the hood. (drivers side.)

At this point finding an intact shroud for an 81 CJ7 might be impossible, you never know though. You might want to start investigating part re-manufactures like LMC truck and such for a reproduction piece. Or look into doing an E fan conversion.

also should have checked this before but 96 degrees celsius isn't bad either. both are well within normal limits

Back