random questions...

EMTSerks

Few questions...

What class hitch do I need for a 91 YJ?

How big can I go with tires before I need to lift it?

Do the mirror relocater brackets from quadratec or jc whitney work with 1/2 steel doors, or will I need to take them off every time I want to put the doors back on?

What size speakers fit the dash mounted speaker grills?

And lastly, and most important....

I recently changed front and rear U joints to eliminate a clicking I was experience. That worked fine, no more clicking.. But now the little beast won't go into 4wd... Any one have ANY ideas as to why?

Thank you all in advance =)

Rebecca

Few questions...

What class hitch do I need for a 91 YJ?

Depends on what you want to tow. A class III is required by lots of clubs if you are gonna use it as a recovery point. Class III should be enough for anything you'll be able to tow with the Jeep.

How big can I go with tires before I need to lift it?

31" I think...

Do the mirror relocater brackets from quadratec or jc whitney work with 1/2 steel doors, or will I need to take them off every time I want to put the doors back on?

This style Mirror Bracket allows you to still use the doors. However you gotta be careful not to hit them every time you open the door with the windows in.

4x6

And lastly, and most important....

I recently changed front and rear U joints to eliminate a clicking I was experience. That worked fine, no more clicking.. But now the little beast won't go into 4wd... Any one have ANY ideas as to why?

Can you not physically move the lever to 4WD or does it not engage when you shift into 4wd. Probably the vacuum disconnect up front if it's the second case. Pull the vacuum plug off it and test to see if you have any vacuum pressure going to it.

Thank you all in advance =)

Rebecca

Few questions...

I would advise against replacing these speakers, and would advise you to use some other location (I got kickboxes under my doors, but there are other options).

The reason is that the location for these speakers is really poor, and they take away from the sound you will have. Granted, they LOOK nice where they are, but (1) they are a PITA to work on, and (2) they are positioned in such a way that the passanger will have a hard time listening to the driver side speaker and vice-versa.

You can see in my YJ how I installed the speakers here

By the way, I think Corrupt is right for the other questions...

Felipe

I would advise against replacing these speakers, and would advise you to use some other location (I got kickboxes under my doors, but there are other options).

The reason is that the location for these speakers is really poor, and they take away from the sound you will have. Granted, they LOOK nice where they are, but (1) they are a PITA to work on, and (2) they are positioned in such a way that the passanger will have a hard time listening to the driver side speaker and vice-versa.

You can see in my YJ how I installed the speakers here

By the way, I think Corrupt is right for the other questions...

Felipe

I got the 6x9 boxes that go behind the front seats b/w the roll bar and fender. They worked really well. If you can replace the ones in the dash, replace them with something that's gonna last cuz they are a PITA to get to. They're worth replacing if they're busted or if you're upgrading b/c you're only going to ruin your overall quality otherwise.

i have a random question for you,jeepsters.... more of a b'lieve me, i saw it with my own eyes. the Q- how long did AMC use Duct tape to insulate their slices in a wiring harness? I'm the second owner of my 82 cj7, and the guy before me was uh... less than a do-it yourself'r I just finished my dash and decided to clean up the stuff i wont need, after un-(i wont call it tape more of a black plastic wrap) the harness, there were multiple duct tape wraps on brass crimped splices... if you ever want to purposely give yourself a migraine... feel free to start the same project on your own,,, calgon could not take me away from this nightmare. It's like that 12 days of christmas farse... "rigging up the lights.ONE STARTS BLINKING, THEY ALL START BLINKING!"

well, I haven't got the lab results back from CSI yet, but my training and experience leave me to believe, that with in a reasonable doubt... this may infact be 100-mile-an-hour tape.

well, I haven't got the lab results back from CSI yet, but my training and experience leave me to believe, that with in a reasonable doubt... this may infact be 100-mile-an-hour tape.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL...................................mote the sarcasim

Back