Rear Seat Restraints CJ7

Pilotnut

Did the early to mid-80's CJs come with rear seat belts? I can't seem to find any information on them. Has anyone installed a set? I ordered a pair of "universal" lap belts however I'd like to hear what others have done for ideas on mounting points.

Thanks

if it had a factory rear seat, it should have factory rear lap belts. they are easy enough to add, just drill holes and bolt through the floor. I suggest using large thich fender washers on both sides of the hole you drill just in case.

Factory equiped rear seats in CJs had lap belts fastened to the rear of the seat frame....If yours is a factory seat you'll find threaded holes in the lower seat frame on the horizontal portion. The threads will be "fine" threads & may be metric.

My CJ didn't have any seatbelts on the rear cause I never had a rear factory seat mounted on it however, after I built the roll cage similar to the TJ style, I installed the similar seatbelt setup as that found on a TJ model.

Thank you for your responses. I took a better look and found 3 threaded holes in the floor behind the rear seat. I assume these are for securing seat belts.

Back