Recomendations on getting paint for my jeep....

Boulderados

Hey all,

I am about to do some body work on my Sahara and am wondering if someone can recomend the best place to get the paint for the final coat. I want to get the same color/shade as my orriginal coating.

Thanks all! Keep em Riding!

Paul

P.S. Great Body Work Article![addsig]

Are you planning to paint the whole Jeep or are you just going to patch and shade in areas of the jeep? Tug[addsig]

hey,

tug has the right idea. There is no dought that the paint has faded over the years, so matching will be kinda hard. Depending on where it is that you are doing the repair you may be able to get away with spot painting the repair and feathering out the basecoat the clear the whole panel. if you feather it properly, it will be hard to tell. As for where to get paint, that depends on your budget and how much you care. Remember, especially with car paint, you get what you pay for.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I am going for a full paint job in the spring. I am going back a few years as for the paint I will be useing. quote from tug "Clear Coat on a Jeep Sucks" I want a paint that can be buffed out when scrached and nicked cause I plan to use my Jeep as a toy as well as a daily drive. I am going with a good old fashion tuff industrial Amerflint type paint like they use on tractor trailors. Something that will not self destruct after the paint gets a scrach in it. Might just paint it Cat Yellow and be done with it!
image-missing.png
Tug[addsig]

The plan was to just do some touch ups and repaint the whole thing in the spring. But I forgot to account for fading so I may just prime it for now and do everything in the spring.

Cat yellow eh? I'm painting mine a dark metalic orange and like you I'm going industrial strength. I'm having some art work done on the hood as well. Right now i'm restoring the chassie ging it a full clean, paint and coat.[addsig]

Back