rhino liner on the exterior

sicnik

there is a guy at work that rhino lined his entire truck, I was thinking about doing it to my yj, what do you guys think?

RE: need space for tires, what

i thought about that idea myself.. i like it

I'm not so sure it would clean up real well after a mudhole, but if that doen't matter I'd say go for it.

I wanted something durable for my YJ and I used Aervoe paint. It's solid stuff.

A guy on the Paragon board has a Samauri rhino lined in red. It Looks ok.
Inside and out.
thats it, bad pic sorry.
image-missing.png

RE: Re: Here are some progress pics

my reasoning for doing this is that the clear coat on my jeap is coming off, and instead of getting a new paint job that will only get scratched anyway, with the rhino liner i wouldnt have to worry about scratches and rust etc....

RE: Selling the Jeep (ouch)

I'm in the same predicament, or sort of anyway. Why pay for paint if it's going to get screwed up anyway? I think it's really just a matter of how scratched it would really get and how pretty you want the jeep to look (i've seen terrible rhino lining jobs and OK jobs). The body on my jeep is not really worth painting, so i'm just using black primer to touch up the scratches for now. To help you decide, which do you think will be happier with two years from now: your jeep with two year old paint with x amount of scratches and rust, or your jeep with rhino lining and no scratches and no rust. One concern is the rhino lining might never come off if you decide to paint it later on. I just don't like how rhino liner can be bumpy, but it won't be any bumpier than muddy paint. Soooo, it's a judgement call. If you end up going with the rhino lining, let us know how it turns out.

RE: anything else?

i like line x if your gonna do something of that nature to the outside of your vehicle, rhino lining seems kind of thick and gloppy, at least the job that a buddy of mine had to done to his interior was like. line x has a smaller texture and seems to be tougher

Re: RE: ICE AND SNOW FOR A TJ?

a good spray tech can do any texture you want. anywhere from real fine to real rough and anywhere in between. at least with line-x you can. It's a little tougher with rhino and speedliner. line-x is high pressure and high temperature. it comes out of the gun at 1,500 psi and 160 degrees. and dries to the touch in 3 seconds. After you get it muddy pressure washing would wash it right off.

Re: RE: ICE AND SNOW FOR A TJ?

I'm not real conderned about looks, and as far as wasing the mud off of it...why bother, it looks better with the mud. :mrgreen: Is the lineX expensive? and how about do it yourself kits?

I looked into having the lower half of mine Line Xed and it was just as evpensive as if I had it re-painted.

There's also a guy in Wichita that has rino'd his whole Jeep in black. Looks pretty good, I think. Who washes the mud off their Jeep? If I spend three hours getting muddy, by golly, I'm not spending another three hours washing it off! That's what rain is for, right?

Ok, ok....I confess, I have washed my Jeep after mudding before....only because I had packed so much redjaw clay under it that the tires started rubbing. Somewhere around 750 pounds of mud, if I remember right. I weighed my Jeep before and after mudding to get that figure.

I checked into the LineX in my area it will range from $1200 - $2500, depending on what I want done. If you go to the Line X site they have some pics of jeeps done in LineX.

those prices are on the high side. I charge $500 to do the inside tub of a jeep if you bring it to me gutted. If we gut it and reassemble it's $700. The whole jeep inside and out would be $1,000

too bad you live in PA, i could handle those prices.

i think my dad got his truck bed line-xed for 600? it wasnt anywhere near the amount you priced, maybe if you prepped it or something it would go down

again those prices are high. I charge $500 for an 8' bed over the rail. In my area i have to keep my prices low because i have 2 speedliner installers and a rhino liner installer all within 10 miles of me. I also don't believe in ripping people off just to make a profit.

I saw a rhino lined cherokee in red. It looked good, the bumpy texture really stands out, it gives it a different look. It also had removable doors which is very cool.

I'll take you word for it 83, I'm going to do some more shopping around try and find a cheaper place.

RE: question about soa

I talked to a guy who said the inside of the tub would be $400 but just the outside would be around $2000, that seems a little odd to me.

Back