roll on liner

jeep90

heard alot about herculiner, but does anybody know anything about the rust-oleum (spelling?) roll on liner? herculiner is around 80-90 dollars around here rust-oleum road warrior is cheaper for basically the same thing. it comes as a kit, (roller,brush,gloves,mixer,sanding pad etc.) has anyone ever seen this? I bought some from a guy, and used it it seems great but i have not had it on that long but i know you almost have to use a chisel to dent scratch the stuff. also if you have seen it how much? not sure if i got a good deal.

I used some cheap stuff from pepboys called Dupli-colors. I had some body damage under my driver side door and put some diamond plate over it. Unfortunately the plates were shinny and I wanted black. So long story longer I prepped the body applied the liner to it. I then prepped the plates and applied mass quantities of the liner on it. I riveted the plates on and the rest is history. I live in Texas and it gets pretty hot and humid but , the liner is still sticking. Good luck!!

My word or words of the day are "mass quantities"
I thought it would make me sound educated instead of a redneck.
:lol:

Word of my day

i love my herculiner, looks great, cost 90$ came with that whole kit, easy to do.

hey ejdjeep where in Tx are ya??

I herculined mine as well, best mod ever .....looks just like new on the inside and feels great

I used the Rustoleum Road Warrior Bed Liner in my 95 wrangler It looks great. Got it from Sportsmans Guide.com for 29.95. Looks great. Its a good all day job. Ive never seen any Herculiner so I dont have anything to compare it to.Small town, work to much.

I used the Hurculiner kit and actually rolled/brushed it on, it came out great took about 4-5 hours with all the scuffing and cleaning prior, I used the black and did not put my carpet back in, if you don't put the carpetback in be prepared for all those dusty dirty foot prints that will be standing out against the black, I don't mine it but the girlfriend seems to complain about it often.

Go with the Herculiner ....Just my $.02 if you use the cheap stuff you will pay for it later....My duplicolor on my cj pelled and cracked ...But I love my herculiner....:)

Hi, does Herculiner block out any heat from the exhaust? How scratched up does the floor need to be to have it stick? My friend put Duplicolr in his toyota, it sucks. Hopefully Herculiner works good in my jeep!

It doesn't have to be that scratched up....... Just make sure all the the grease and oil ...it will be good to go ....DUPLICOLOR SUX !!!!

check engine light?

All the locals are using herculiner in their jeeps. A few of the guys that work at Rhino lining are doing the exterior, too. There are some strange color mixes, but it doesn't scratch.

Jackal :twisted:

Help...Buying a 1989 Cherokee, but there's noise

Which one, Herculiner or Rhino, or both? They remind me of a tar based coating that we used at Westinghouse for a self-healing type of coating on our turbines and large fans.

Thanks for the info,
Jackal

HERCULINER it is cheaper...But which ever they are both good so is Line X

Back