Rollbar ?

K-Phat

So I'm thinking about getting a pair of rollbar sport handles and I notice that they come in two sizes, 2" and 3". Now the question is what size do i need for my TJ's rollbar with the padding on?

I think the 2" because the TJ has a smaller diameter roll bar than the YJ or CJ

easy way to deteremine which size your bar is... take a C clamp and put it on the bar... take it off and measure the gap.

2003+ require the larger Sport handle.

WARNING
These things only last about 6 months. Then they tear and fall apart.

not true.... i have the ones that have the little foam handles and i have used and abused these for over a year now and they look fine

We got those on my dad's jeep. The foam handle ones. And they are a big help getting in and they are holding up very well.

So then a YJ would need they 3" handles cause they bars are bigger? Is that what I'm reading. I'm looking at getting a pair too. Skyjaker has some good looking ones. Any owrd on how those hold up?
Mike

Am I missing something here? Why don't you take a ruler or measuring tape and measure the rollbar?

As to the handles, I had a set on my YJ for a year, and now they're on the '88 YJ. I like 'em and they've held up well. I got them on eBay cheap, too!

Skyjaker has some good looking ones

Those are the ones I'm looking at getting too. They look sweet.

And they are a big help getting in
That is why I want a pair too. Now that I have the lift on it would be nice to have a little help getting in and the misses needs a lot of help since she is only 5 feet tall :lol:

OT-Amazing Website that covers EVERYTHING!

I need 'em and I don't even have a lift! My mom, girlfriend, andjust about anyone over 30 seems to have trouble getting in and out. They're in trouble if I ever save enough money to do my lift!

Twisted I thought of that later I was just a little tired.

Mike

I got a set of cheapo's off ebay three years ago, and they still perform great. the velcro does not slip, they have not frayed or faded at all! I only spent $10 + shipping for two sets and got them any color I wanted.

FYI

well, mine tore apart. so i will not have anymore. but then again they did get used a good bit. I am a shorty.

OK so I ordered the 2" Skyjacker handles from Quadratec (along with a couple other things :wink: ) today. Should have them by Wed.

Back