Rough Country 3" on a YJ?

TwistedCU

A friend of mine is looking for an inexpensive lift to clear 31's on his 91 YJ. I told him alot of folks here have the Rough Country suspensions and I would appreciate feedback, good or bad.

Rough Country is good, what I've seen of them on TJ's and XJ's. Check out Hell Creek Suspensions, somebody on here has one and it's basically an inexpensive Rough Country kit with Hell Creek springs. They warranty the springs for life, so it'd be worth it.

This a Rough Country 3.5" lift and a set of 31's tug

image-missing.png

I am very happy with my RC 3" lift, here is a picture of my 95YJ with that kit and 31's , it also has a 2" Body lift. I say go for it.

image-missing.png

Mexican AMC sixes

You had the BDS 3.5" under your own yj, you know how it works and how the ride is. I have had many people say that the ride quality is in the name Rough. I had one of the kits in my TJ a few years ago(which things may have changed) but I was so unhappy with the kit in my truck that I took it out after a week. I would go with a kit that you know and like.

IT finally happned...

I'm getting ready to put a Rough Country lift on my 91 YJ. Can you guys who have installed these on yours recommend any additional parts or pieces I should get that don't come with the kit?

Yep. HellCreek YJ suspension here. Rough Country parts and shocks, HellCreek springs warranted for life. Also, the HellCreek springs are 4" where the RC are 3". Flexs well; not stiff at all. Very pleased.

C

send me a pm if you want to know more.

I'm getting ready to put a Rough Country lift on my 91 YJ. Can you guys who have installed these on yours recommend any additional parts or pieces I should get that don't come with the kit?

Sway bar disco's and Extended brake lines

I had to get the rear leaf springs (frame mounted) bolts. The stock ones did not fit into the bushings supplied. This was using the rough county springs and bushings, the Hell Creek may be correct. I replaced all 8 with grade 8 anyways. Thats one bolt you dont want to break. Also dont bother with relocating the rear track bar, just remove it. Discos are good, I bought them but never have them attached(unless doing a lot of highway driving), I replaced the brake lines with stainless steel extended ones too.

Back