rubi owners

This is one of the easier trails I hit.

image-missing.png

But I get to see views like this

image-missing.png

Below those clouds is the city of Colorado Springs.

Fly wheel and starter ring

Be it a 30K Rubi or a 21K sport. A new jeep is a new jeep.
If you buy it just to drive it to and from work and do minor trail...Good for you.
But if you buy it, load it up with options and wheel it...Good for you
As long as you enjoy it that is all that counts.
Personly my Jeep was 5 months old when I took it through the Rubicon trail.
I am still making payments and have no problems taking it to Moab.

Jeeps can do anything. They always have and they always will. If you mud run, rockclimb, pre-run, sand drag, hillclimb, or just drive down the road looking cool......it doesn't matter as long as it's in a Jeep.

I agree with jps4jeeps--- Leave those mall cruisers alone!! I like knowing that one day I'll be able to drag those hardly used parts out of the junkyard and sling them under my rig.

Jeeps can do anything. They always have and they always will. If you mud run, rockclimb, pre-run, sand drag, hillclimb, or just drive down the road looking cool......it doesn't matter as long as it's in a Jeep.

This is a great thread! whiterubicon, you will learn. These vehicles are great teachers. I could not afford a Rubi, bought a 4 cyl. SE, got it stuck deep in the mud @ six days old (Tiger Bay Rec. Area near Deland). I don't regret a minute of it. Moved to the mountains of North Carolina - similar experiences as sound_man (only not quite as verticle). It's not as pretty as it was off the showroom, but I don't care - love it more every day. Pay for it, love it, enjoy it, but above all, trust it! mud

Sound_Man said:
As was stated by jeep90 "if you own a rubi and wheel it and use it the way that you should then this is not directed towards you". I understand that completely. I own an 04 Rubi and I wheel it and wheel it hard.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png
image-missing.png

couple more years and I may trade lil'bit in on an 03 Yuppy Rubi.

looked at the pics,how did the freightliner do in trail drive?do you drive for swift? or just coincidence to be in pic?

steering stabilizer install

Sound_Man said:
I am using it for what it was intended for and built it up a little more to handle what I put it through.
~Curt

That's a thing of beauty (so's that Rubi!)

txbill said:
looked at the pics,how did the freightliner do in trail drive?do you drive for swift? or just coincidence to be in pic?

The freightwreck didn't make it to the trail. It was just coincidence that it was in the pic's. :lol:

There will be some more pics up there tonight from the trip I made over the 4th of July weekend. Well I hope I get them up there tonight.
I went to a town called Buena Vista and ran Cottonwood Pass, Tincup Pass, and Old Chinamens Gulch. The trails and views are awsome above the tree line. Hanging out at the continental divide was cool but putting the Rubi through her paces was a lot of fun. The only breakage was by a Toyota that was better equipped than the jeeps. He caught a battery on fire by running his winch into a tree and shorting it out and bent a drive shaft on a rock most of us just walked over (short wheelbase rocks!)
There was a stock Rubi with us and he made it through the trails. He had to hit a few by passes on hard obstacles but he did get through it without any damage. It was the first time this guy had ever been on a trail and his soon to be wife (he proposed while we were out there) gave him the go ahead on lift and tires.
Check http://www.thedragonsden.net/jeep/cfw for the 4th of July pics tonight. There are 380+ pics I am going to put up there.

Back