Scout dana 44 front end.

big_o_tom

I got this front end Im wanting to use, I have to rotate the outer "C"s to get a better pinion angle and 4-6 degrees of caster. The question is if I do this should I use dana 30 steering knuckles and if so what is done about the axles? Do you use the scout inner and the jeep/30 outer? Or will the scout axle go through the jeep/30 spindle and bolt up to the jeep lock out hubs?

When we turned the ones for my buddys when he went spring over we just reused the Scout knuckles and as a bonus they are set up for high steer.

Its a '78 cj-7. Ive already got the matching rear installed, I will have to outboard the front springs plus rotate the c's to make it work.

I have heard that the 44 shafts will fit the 30 knuckles. You use the 30 outer shaft, lock outs and brake parts. Im not positive of that so you may want to research it. Im pretty sure that people put 44 shafts in 30 housings.

The CJ D30 will work on the Scout D44, you will use the Scout inner shafts and the jeep outer shafts with a 297 joint. If it were me, I would get away from the D30 outers and get into the D44 specific parts. the stub shaft is slightly larger, bearings are larger, better lockouts, and replacement parts are always easy to find since they were used on so many different vehicles.

Back