Shackles Finally On

RedWrang

I finally got a chance to get my shackles on. I built my own 1.25 lift. My Jeep actually drives a little better with them on. I know some will say the longer you go the worse your steering gets off, but I havent seen any problems so far. I did smoke 4 sawzall blades trying to cut the rear upper bolt off till a buddy came over. He suggested we take the fuel tank loose, and I said O man. We took the 7 bolts out and put a floor jack under the tank and just slid it around enough to pull the dolts right out. So dont try a sawzall it aint gonna cut the mustard. After that 30 minutes later we had it back on the ground.

You need better blades! I used one blade to cut both of mine and then just put the new bolts in backwards. No gas tank drop/move needed. Either way, glad you got it done and you're happy with it!

You don't need to drop the tank. If you pull the bolt out till it hits the tank, pop the bushing off the out side of the frame. this will give you enought room to wiggle the bolt out. I you want to, you can loosen the 4 rear most tank bolts holding up the skid plate to make life a little easier, but not necesary.

pop the bushing off the out side of the frame

you live up here in the north and you were able to "pop" a bushing out?... i always had to melt my bushings out

Back