shopping for tires

They'll get you where you need to go. As with any tire, if you keep them rotated and inflated correctly they'll last you for a while

you can try tire-easy.com i bought my tires for my wifes mazda for pretty cheap. cheaper than tire rack

My XJ rubbed at factory height with 235's on it. The rear's rubbed with anything more than just my weight when I'd hit a bump or dip and the fronts rubbed at full turn. Go with the MT/R's they'll drag down your fuel mileage but they're awesome on the trails!

my dad actually bought her tires as an early xmas present. We got michelin ltx m/s:
mi_ltx_ms_owl_ci2_l-2.jpg

I've actually noticed zero rubbing (235/75/15) so I'm not sure whats up with that or if the cherokee is just a freak or something lol. It rides a hell of a lot better, and after some new shocks it'll be near perfect. Still need a new trac bar or whatever.

I bought my 1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 new. As soon as i could, I replaced the stock Michelin 205s with 235 A/Ts. The only rubbing I found was when I was making sharp right turns. I fixed that by adjusting the bolt for the turn stop. After that I never had another rubbing problem. Although I originally put P235s on it, I changed to LT235s and still had no problems. I used Firestones (the ones that got recalled) and they were replaced by a Bridgestone by product. Other than the tread pattern being a bit on the mellow side, have had not problem. The XJ currently has over 200,000 miles and has been sold to my oldest son. Of all the tires that I put on it, the best were the BFG A/Ts. In case you are wondering, I have had a lot of Jeeps. the '89 was my first. When the Army sent me to Norway and Belgium, I had it with me. I've also owned an '86 2WD Comanche, a '91 Wrangler, and currently own both a 1996 2WD Cherokee (wish it was a 4x4 though) and an 06 Commander 4x4. The XJ is used by my youngest and the Commander is used by my wife. My current 4x4 is a 1999 GMC K1500 Suburban. However, my main ride is my 2006 Suzuki DR650E.

That's a lotta vehicles. My rear leafs sag just a bit and that combined with my sub box and a few passengers produced the rubbing over bumps I mentioned. Also worth noting that they weren't 235 street tires, but MT/R's so they were a little beefier.

Very creative,, luring people into helping. That's a clean lookin' XJ. But I noticed your other thread said pics, as in plural. I only see one, How 'bout it fellas,, were we cheated??

Back