so if i add..

RE: Happy New Year JEEPZ!

you'll probably want to upgrade your control arms with that sort of lift.. but you're right on the numbers

RE: Re: wheeling withdrawal!!!

:shock: okay.......so 3.......+........2.......=...5? Is that what you guys are telling me?!?! Dang NC public education :?

however you need to factor in the sag in your current springs if any cause they you are able to get even more lift for the same price. hehehe tug

RE: Western Jeepz Run in New Mexico!!

Snitty said:
you'll probably want to upgrade your control arms with that sort of lift.. but you're right on the numbers
yep, with 5" on a zj, you'll almost definately want new control arms. t-case will probably need to be dropped. and brake line extensions wouldn't be a bad idea.

RE: YJ tub swap question

if you're running stock shocks still with the 2" you already have, then yeah you will definately need new shocks...

RE: Avatar?

i put on a 2 inch bb and am going to upgrade to rancho shocks. I could imagine using stock shocks on a 5 inch.

88Wrangles said:
I could NOT imagine using stock shocks with a 5" lift. They will blow
yeah i'm hoping thats what southern meant. but whatever, i agree with you wrangles. DEF new shocks. i have only a 2" bb, and i def use new shocks.

Re: RE: Re: RE: so if i add..

5" is too much lift on the stock suspension design. Stay at 4" or under, or consider a longarm install to do it right.

the shocks that come with the 2" bb lift...would that do?
the 2" bb lift im gettin comes with shocks...so should i get new shocks after i get the 3" lift?
and if so what kind of shocks do you recomend

chink

mo pics

Bounty__Hunter said:
Yes, new shocks with that much of a change in height.

Check out Doetsch-Tech 3000's if you want a smooth ride, you can get them for about $30 each from www.rubiconexpress.com .
those are the shocks that come with the RE 2" bb. so those are in turn the shocks that i currently have on my whip, i like em, for the money, not bad shocks at all, i'd recommend them if you're going to the more frugal route.

Back