SoCal Offroad Newbie

scoot

I bought my Jeep new in '94 and it's been on-road ~ 99% of the time. Now that's it's ripening, I really want to get into some legitimate Off-Roading.

Any advice? I live near L.A. so where should I go to get my feet wet? What rules of etiquette do I need to be aware of. I don't want go ramblin around like....well... like a newbs. I want to be a responsible member of the offroad community, so any help would be appreciated.

Also, any advice to essential modifications to my favorite ride would be appreciated.

Thx
image-missing.png
[addsig]

find a local four wheel drive club in your area. thee should be able to steer you in the right direction.[addsig]

Find a local 4X4 club, and cut donuts in their yards. Then you'll know what they think. Just joshing...go with the other guy said...probably make more friends and you need friends to pull you out when you get cocky...and you will get cocky...but have fun doing it...that's what it's all about...(aboot if you are from Canada).[addsig]

There are a ton of wheelers in SoCal. PM me you e-mail and I'll get it off to one of them. they are always going on rides and most are Newbies like yourself.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back