Soft Top Mildew

58D_CavScout

I just returned from a 12 month tour in Afghanistan and am trying to get my jeep cleaned up and back in shape. One of the issues I'm running into is the soft top on my CJ is filthy and appears to be spotted with mildew.

Before I go all out looking for the Magic cleaning compound, I figured I'd get the opinion of the experts. What is the best chemical and technique for getting this soft top back into shape? Thanks!

Jake

Forgot the picture! Here you go.

Attachments

• DSCF5208.JPG
    DSCF5208.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 831
You could try a soft cloth with warm/hot soapy water and a few drops of ammonia. Try a in an inconspicuous place to be sure it doesn't discolor the top.

Are you sure that isn't tree sap?

And Thank You for serving!

If push comes to shove, soap and water with a little bleach and a stiff brush. I'm not sure if the bleach will fade the color but it should take care of the mildew. You might try it on a small hidden area. Thank you for your service.

Westley's Bleache White tire cleaner. I use it all the time on the top, doesn't seem to hurt it. Also the seat is always moldy on my jetski when I get it out of storage every year, I scrub it with Westley's and it comes right off.

Back