Something Has To Be Done Help!!!

laxpug19

:x ok so driving home today from pickin my bro up we come to a red light... (im 17 please remember) a little novice on the shifter a fellow teen maybe older and his g/f are next to me.. we look over and he reves his little volkswagen hatchback with looks to me walmart spinners so i sed ok waiting for the light to turn red my bro (age 20) says you better smoke him... there for i reve up a little and roll forward... as the light turns green we take off... knowing i didnt have much of a chance it still hurt when he beat me.. after neck and neck for a few :( he yells "P U S S Y"...

my question is

what would give me some horsepower quick? and easy
maybe K&n air filter...?

all i know is im staying away from red light races for awhile

i would like to see him in the mud tho8)

haha! Ahhhhh to be young again!! :purple:

what do you have a 4 or a 6cyl? if a 4 you prolly wont get him, 6 you should have at least givin him a good run. those Vw are not powerful. who says you cant beat them in a jeep... I would get the k&n cone anyway.

its a 4.0 i know its not for a racing but i couldnt resist to that lil prick... i just want a little more then stock power

Maybe you could put a farting muffler, a big wing, and a sticker with an "R" on your Jeep. I hear that those three mods qualify you for late night underground drag races.

OR

Accept that you own a Jeep, superior in it's own way. Hopefully you'll see him when there's a few inches of snow on the road. If that doesn't work for you, use the front of his sportsturd to calculate your RTI score :purple:

Last edited:

Do what I do if someone calls me something like that....chase them down, rip them out of their car, and beat their *$$.

If course, you could just buy a quick little car in addition to the Jeep...

Put a throttle body spacer on, i have a power raid. Put cold air K&N setup on it, cat back Muffler system, performance chip, and put some lower gears which u will use for crawling anyways :)

Next time, throw it in reverse, pull up behind him. Then, before the light turns green just drive right over top of his car.

geopig said:
Next time, throw it in reverse, pull up behind him. Then, before the light turns green just drive right over top of his car.
:agree:
That works also.

Yeah, lots of stickers and a big wing are the way to go; remember, yellow stickers will add more power than any other color.

What do you know? The more things change the more they stay the same. I remember asking those same questions when I was 17. The only person I didn't ask was my dad because if I had, he'd have kicked my butt for street racing.

Being a dad of 2 great kids, my greatest fear is that the law of averages that saved my sorry ass while younger will catch up to my kids and their friends. It is way too easy for me to pick up the paper and read about a high speed crash with fatalities.

Last Friday, there was a street race between 2 Camaros about 3 miles from my house where one T-boned a Honda Civic making a left turn. Law enforcement estimates tha collision took place at over 90MPH. The Honda was cut in half and a 15-year-old passenger was killed immediately. The driver of the Camaro and his 2 passengers were injured but otherwise will recover ... but, he has been charged with manslaughter with special circumstaces (racing) so his life is screwed going forward. Did I mention that between the 2 Camaros and the Honda the oldest person was 19. The kid who died was 15. They were on their way to their grandmothers house who lived 100 yards from the accident ... she heard everything.

So take some fatherly advise from someone who really cares about where you and young people like you wind up. The next time some short-peckered doofus tries to egg you into a speed contest, take the high road and let him go. The life you save may be your own and HIS parents will be thanking you even if they do not know it.

You want better performance from your Jeep? Tune it up and spend more time honing your skills both on and off-road.

And do us all a favor ... when you are officially an "old timer" with kids and someones writes an email like this, love 'em enough to call them out and give a glimpse of the "bigger picture".

Take care, buddy!!

Great post TWDJ ;)

I am trying hard to show my kids (sons especially) that a thrill in an automobile can be experienced going less than 5 mph. Hopefully a love for Jeeps and the trails will outweigh the temptation of that kind of stupidity.

Back