Something Has To Be Done Help!!!

TwistedCopper said:
If that doesn't work for you, use the front of his sportsturd to calculate your RTI score :purple:

:purple: :purple: :purple:

That's great Twisted!!

here's my advice,... buy a crotch rocket if you want to smoke smartasses at red lights...(just make sure before you leave the house everytime you kiss your parents and loved ones goodbye)..., and keep the jeep for when their girlfriends get sick of their B.S. and want to go riding on the beach,... topless!!!

Last edited:
laugh, wait for him to take off then follow him to the next light and tell his girlfriend to get in. Chicks will take a jeep over a bug anyday. Then take her for a ride.

TWDJ,
That's a terrible story. I heard one even worse one night on Dateline or 20/20. A young guy was racing another car on a two lane highway near his neighborhood when a car turned in front of him. He hit the car and killed the driver and injured the passenger. To his horror, it was his mother and grandmother in the car. Not only did his mother die, but he went to jail.

geo stold my answer but if that dont work try it again in 4xlow and if you have the 2.5 like myself youl need a running start also a k&n intake, turbo muffler,plat 2 plugs, remove the intake restrictor,msd ignition, performance chip, and a heavier foot!

TWDJ said:
The next time some short-peckered doofus tries to egg you into a speed contest, take the high road and let him go.
I always just ask them "Does this look like a f&#$@! race car?!"

They just made street racing a criminal offence here. Even if you don't get in an accident, if you're caught street racing, it's an automatic arrest, criminal record, court date and possibly jail time.

Last edited:
Gone&DoneIt said:
here's my advice,... buy a crotch rocket if you want to smoke smartasses at red lights...(just make sure before you leave the house everytime you kiss your parents and loved ones goodbye)..., and keep the jeep for when their girlfriends get sick of their B.S. and want to go riding on the beach,... topless!!!

A couple of weeks ago, there were two people killed on a crotch rocket in Wichita, not far from where I work. The guy (22 years old) didn't have a license, but had ridden a couple of times, and asked to ride a friend's bike. A 23 year-old girl who didn't even know him asked if she could go with him. They left the parking lot of the bar (yeah, bar as in the kind that sells beer), and in less than 40 seconds hit a semi making a turn at over 100 mph, killing them both instantly. As it turns out, the owner of the bike didn't really know the guy very well at all, but was just drunk enough to say, "Yeah, go ahead and take my $20,000 bike for a ride." Ok, so I don't know how much those bikes really cost, but you get the point.....

When I worked EMS we had a name for guys on those crotch rockets that didn't wear helmets....we called them "organ donors".:(

Craig said:
I always just ask them "Does this look like a f&#$@! race car?!"

They just made street racing a criminal offence here. Even if you don't get in an accident, if you're caught street racing, it's an automatic arrest, criminal record, court date and possibly jail time.

My first thought was that a penalty like that is ridiculously harsh, but considering the boom in that sort of stuff that followed the movies with that theme I guess I can understand it. Some kid rolled his ricer right down the road from my house a few months ago. All that's left of him is his family's memory and a little roadside memorial. For what?!?!?!

I remember the feeling of invincibility at that age. It's not good and is often brought to a halt when tragedy strikes. Once you are a pallbearer for your best friend you can't help to be brought to reality.

I got a K&N cold air intake, not to shabby you can feal it when you really wana punch it, got it new off of ebay for about $140...... i used to get that when my jeep was stock, but if you throw some 33's on it with a 3-4 inch lift you kinda stop getting that because those lil cars are scared of ya.

Ya know, back in high school, I dated a spoiled rich biotch who's daddy bought her a '77 Camaro with a supercharged 428 Police Interceptor in it. It had an exhaust cut-out handle just next to the console that would switch from stock mufflers to open headers. Everyone wanted to race when we'd cruise the strip. Most of the time we'd ignore them, but when someone got real lippy, we'd egg them on until we got to the light where the cops always hid in the alley. We'd pop open the exhaust, rap it up a few times like we were gonna race, then when the light turned green, we'd close off the exhaust and pull away slowly and watch the cops tag the dipsticks that were trying to race us.

We would race it, but out on a deserted stretch of blacktop east of town, and rarely lost. That was kinda fun, too, 'cause we'd pull up to the line with the nice, quiet exhaust humming along, then a few seconds before they threw the flag, we'd pop open the exhaust and watch the other guy crap his drawers!!!

There is a place that will install a Hemi in your Wrangler, do that, then you will smoke em!!! Only cost you about, hmmm, 25K or so. Not too much for pride eh.

Jeeps are slow. But even then, you should have been able to take him. BTW if you want to make it fast you need 2 more cylinders.

Lift it 4" with 35" mudders and park on top of his hood. :lol:

Or for cheaper than a Hemi do a 302 conversion and install twin turbo set up. Much cheaper and a whole lot more HP. Take my advice as an officer and as a former youngin like yourself who got busted racing at a light. Don't do it. If he wants to speed off and get busted let him. Its not worth the penalties if you get caught. If you want to head to the drag strip where its legal and there won't be any cross traffic.

Well you want to hop up your 4.0...
All it will take is money...lots of it.
First off 4 wheelin is a thing of the past...
So lets get down to it, the 4.0 is a great street racing motor, not the best but its good, a LS@ would be better here.
We need to start off by buying an Aluminum head with 280 intake valves. Now a good cam shaft (personally I like Herberts customs) but I would say… somewhere ,along the lines of +19 degrees duration on the opening lope. But Herbert cams would be able to tell you exactly what one. Now with that much fuel and air I would go with 4.2 stroker crank and use a 3mm shorter piston (190’s)this will bring your compression up to 14-1, TRW’s are best here with solid SS rings. 61mm throttle body minimum and you could either push Nitrous or a super charger…super charger if it was my ride.
A TH400 or a Hughes converter to push all that torque to the rear end and throw in 3:11’s into a ford 9 inch with a good 4 link set up. Loose the front drive line and you will beat any ricer on the road.

Now this shouldn’t be too much..I would say 25k or so, to spend just so you could laugh at him and say stupid things as you pull away…
Or you could look over at the little ricer in your lifted Jeep and laugh…
First off you have the world’s most capable off road vehicle, go anywhere, climb anything. With 25K you could make a lifted Jeep from Heck that would out do almost any jeep here!
Why would you want to face a 500$ ticket just so you can brag to your friends you beat a rice burner. Better to say “ya I just climbed that mountain in my Jeep…Ya it looks tough...but it was no big deal.”

hahahaha that was a long time ago how did you find this post!! hahaha from then i put on 31's so im trying. I just needa hit the lottery or something :rolleyes: I really want to get an exhaust thats the next thing.

Ahhhhhh dont worry about going any faster just look for the little D***K the next time it snows and he's stuck....you will get the last laugh

Back