Starting Problem

TJ_Jeep

Here recently, ive been having electrical starting problems, it does good in the morning but when i leave work in the afternoon, i turn the key and none of the gauges come up only thing that shows is the odometer. and all it will do is turn over, doesnt even try to start, but if i undo the battery for a few seconds, it cranks up just fine. I hope the computer isnt starting to go out. any help is apperciated.

Sounds like you have a loose battery cable! Check all the connections to and from. Pay close attention to the grounds on the block.

Its got plenty of power, all it will do is just turn over, until I undo and the redo the battery cable and it runs fine

Its got plenty of power, all it will do is just turn over, until I undo and the redo the battery cable and it runs fine

if your gauges aren't working sometimes then you don't have plenty of power. sounds like you battery is not charging properly all the way causing it to use up the energy on the starter and continues to discharge on any other electronics on the trip to the destination. if your battery is old then you prob have a bad battery and need to get a new one or at least throw it on a charger but idk how long that will help it last. if you have a new battery then pray that you have a defective battery, your alternator is about shot.

No there no gauges showing when the key is turned to the on postion and shows "- - - - - -" across the odemeter, thee battery is good. Checked the connection to the dash and its good, only when I disconnect the battery for a few secs then reconnet. Then it acts fine

TJ_Jeep said:
No there no gauges showing when the key is turned to the on postion and shows "- - - - - -" across the odemeter, thee battery is good. Checked the connection to the dash and its good, only when I disconnect the battery for a few secs then reconnet. Then it acts fine

Have you checked the fuses?

sweetpeet said:
Have you checked the fuses?

Yes, all are fine, there's a recall on the whole airbag system and I'm taking it in today to get it fix, I'm thinking that's what it is. My uncle told me if that box isn't working right it want run, says its a safety feature of some sort.

Back