state lift laws?

Joopin

Super Moderator
I know this was on the site before but I couldn't seem to find it. Anyone have this link?

the only reason there are lift laws are because of jealousy

hey snitty do u know what the laws are here in NY? im about to take my TJ to about 8 inches of lift, and tires out the sides about 7 inches is that going to pass emissions? and inspection?

you're in luck... here in ny, we are not limited to much at all... some sources say that SOME part of the frame has to be 30" from the ground.. and there are NO laws in the V&T that say anything about tires sticking out from the sides

Thanks, I just wanted to see what the headlight and tail light height is, I am actually registered in NY still but live in Jersey so I don't have much to worry about. thanks again

well.. if you are registered in ny, and drive in jersey, you still have to follow jerseys laws

CT uses 4" up or down measured from the door bottoms they used to use the frame but changed to door bottoms when frame extensions came out. there also must be 4" of travel (lowrider law)CGS 14-137 25 headlights 22" to 54" tail lights 58" to 18" CGS 14-96

I've heard of something that allows all restrictions to be discarded if the vehicle is used in off road driving. I don't know if it's true but i head it from a reliable source.

Jeepster05 said:
I've heard of something that allows all restrictions to be discarded if the vehicle is used in off road driving. I don't know if it's true but i head it from a reliable source.
In IL there is a distinction of vehicles used frequently offroad, it allows for a few more inches in bumper height and frame height. 4" body lift here is illegal, gotta stay under. Frame and bumper heights differ according to GVWR. I can post if anybody from IL is interested.

Back