steering stablizer

kelamb

ok, so i replaced my steering stablizer, because it was shot, i drove my jeep for a day, and noticed my steering was back to the way it was the day before. i looked under the jeep at the steering stablizer and it was all the way drawn out again. What gives, does anyone know why my steering is doing this

Factory Replacement Stabilizer Canister or After market Brackets and Canisters??

Never had this happen before.....

it was a monroe shock i bought at murray's auto store. It is just like the factory one we took off of the jeep

factory

you got any lift on that rig???

You may need a beefier stabilizer. The factory Straws . . . I mean Stabilizers . . . are crap. and if it is an OEM replacement it is prolly just as crappy.

There is no lift on my jeep as of yet, i am still waiting to think about what way i want to go for this. If i should buy the oem stablier, can you give me an idea of a good one to get thats not to terrible expensive

Thanks

Perimeter Center :)

A Stabilizer is going to run you 30-45 bucks for the replacement Canister. If you want to Beef it up even more you can spend $120 on a full Kit for Dual Stabilizers.

i lived in fayetteville for 11 years, before moving back to michigan

can you show me a picture of what i should get. I guess i don't know the difference of an oem one and a performance one. Does it have to be dual

Quilted liner

It doesn't have to be a Dual.

They look something like this. These are not Pics of the TJ's but basically the shock is fatter and just beefier.

image-missing.png

http://www.jeepz.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=318930

Here are some more Pics of PASmoke's Stabilizer Notice that you can't even see the OEM part behind the bottom shock.

my digatal camera is out of comission right now...bascially it stretches all the way out when you go around turns...well thats what it is suppose to do, and then your stearing snaps back when your wheels straighten. my stays stretched at all times. so if i turn the corner and didn't staighten the wheel out my self it wouuld just keep turning. Does this make any sense

so basically if you looked at my steering shock...it is all the way stretched out no matter if i am going straight or turning

If you turn the wheels all the way to each side, one way it should be extended almost fully, the other way almost fully compressed. If your steering is not re-centering coming out of turns, the stabilizer is not your problem, the stabilizer mostly just softens your steering's reaction to bumps. The re-centering comes from a properly aligned front end you should probably get the alignment checked. Are you getting any vibration or wobble when driving, and does the Jeep drive in a straight line?

Back