Stuck line truck

Re: RE: "Sandwhich" or "Sammich"

About the chains... It was the only thing keeping us from calling an expensive tow truck. Just like any other recovery tool, a lack of knowledge or common sense can be deadly if they are used improperly. I don't even take the large chain in my shed 4 wheeling, but mostly because it is so heavy and the offroad parks do not allow them.

About Pirate 4x4... Although they do have a lot of knowledge and information on their forum, it is ruined by it's lack of class. I don't visit that site at all anymore.

RE: I

to both of you above, thank you for the input and Ian, thanks for the compliments and so gald you enjoy it at Behold.

I love rocks and had gone through the Rubicon 38 years ago when I was 14 with my friend and his MB also. Our dads were our co-riders though it at the time, though for me I could drive legally (I had a farming license). I love the rocks, mud, cross country, jungle, all of it. The issue was the caustic attacking for no reason, and the elitist attitude. No reason for that behavior, in any venue, since I doubt any of them would confront another face to face in that fashion.

It tires quickly and what they don't know is it's a fad, like all the ones that have come and gone before.

The general rock trails and such I've gone on and loved it, al of them nearly, and that was back 30 years or so ago. Very fun.

But, this is a great site and fun to exchange with.

Thank you all for having me here.

(jeezzzzzz..I gotta go cook some Camerones Quesedillas.......I'm so hungry I'm digesting my small intestine....)

I enjoy playing on the rocks on a trail, but only as a part of the experience. Good challenge and a true test of your rig. True "Rock Crawling" requires alot of mods, alot of money, and alot of skill in order to not destroy your Jeep or get someone hurt. I leave that for the pros.

RE: Want to buy a New Liberty.......what are your thoughts?

I think Antsinmypants said it best in a quote about the gas prices......WTF? I'm confused. did that guy not like 4x4ing or what? Yes, rock crawling is different than trail riding. But then again cricket is different than baseball right? I guess that's why I don't watch cricket. Maybe I'll go to some cricket websites and cause a big ruckus there. Yeah that'll be fun. SEE YA!

RE: Losing power

I do not care for the "Pirate" frothing-at-the-mouth discussion boards.

The "Pirate" tech section, however, is a horse of a different color and well-worth a look-see.

For general Jeep mod tech, try this link:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/

For winching/vehicle recovery specific information, try this link:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/index.html

Also, the web sites of various winch manufacturers sometimes include a winching technique and safety of use tutorial.

(Question: Isn't such product use info included with a winch purchase? If not, I will be astonished!)

Regards,

Gadget

Mmmmm meat loaf...
image-missing.png

Re: RE: Stupid People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Gadgets sig...well I have Meat Loaf in the oven as I type!!!!!! :wink:

Funny how getting a truck stuck will make Ya hungry! :roll:

RE: Re: RE: BFG All Terrain T/A KO - Black out or White out?

Actually he was headed to lunch when he did it. After my failed attempt to pull him out I made a pizza run.

I can put a hurtin' on a good pizza now ;) .

i cant view the pictures

That's because the thread is a year and a half old, and it came before Terry switched the forum software.

They were awesome pics, though. Maybe if TC sees this he'd be kind enough to repost some of the pics, if he's still got them. Man, that dude was stuck good, as I recall.:shock:

Just noticed the date of these posts,...

Last edited:
Damn I forgot about that... I'll have to see if I still have the pics. I'm sure I do somewhere, but of couse that is a computer and a move ago...

Back