Super Bowl

Who will win the super bowl?

• Total voters

Yeah, I hate that whole "America's team" thing... but I am loving this game... Pats were spanking them and now it's tied. Whoops scratch that, Pats TD...

Great game so far
tied up! that Pat's D looks tired..

Wow 4 turnovers and a safety sure didn't bode well for the Saints! Breeze has an incredible game that will only be remembered as a loss.

If the Pats win, I'll get to see my rematch.

Damn The Saints got STOMPED :shock:

Brees sucked, IMHO. The only pass I saw that was on the money was the touchdown to the rookie. Once again, they beat themselves........done that alot this year. I could say something about the calls, but the referees don't win/lose games........ultimately. The Saints had a great season - a real boost for the folks around here. They should've gone more to the Duece and maybe thrown a bunch of Karney in there (worked GREAT against Dallas!!!!).

Maybe next year!!!!

Good game. Not the way I wanted it to be but go colts. They have been fighting for a long time.

That was one hell of a game... with a real ugly ending.

Of course, anytime the Colts win it's an ugly ending :lol:

GO...

Line through Ravens

Line through Patriots

Bears? That doesn't even feel right :confused:

Well I have to root for anyone playing the Colts so
Go Bears

Brees sucked, IMHO. The only pass I saw that was on the money was the touchdown to the rookie. Once again, they beat themselves........done that alot this year. I could say something about the calls, but the referees don't win/lose games........ultimately. The Saints had a great season - a real boost for the folks around here. They should've gone more to the Duece and maybe thrown a bunch of Karney in there (worked GREAT against Dallas!!!!).

Maybe next year!!!!

Yeah, but he wasn't getting great protection. But what lost it for the Saints was:
  1. the first horrible call (Fumble, changed the momentum. It was NOT a fumble)
  2. the other turnovers. Just too many. It put momentum in the hands of the Bears, and forced the Saints to abandon the run. Then Brees was trying to force the ball into spots where he wouldn't normally.
But you are right about Carney. They didn't spread the ball around like they did all season, which was the biggest reason for their success. But let's give the Bears credit, (which I hate admitting) they also had a hand in forcing the turnovers and forcing Brees to throw to only 2 receivers throughout the game. I mean, Colston had like 5 catches in a row at one point.

The thing is, for the first 2 series, they dominated the Bears defense in EVERY way EXCEPT for the turnovers.

Yahooooeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
Super Bowl Sunday! Yesterday I bought a big old slab of ribs and I am going to attempt to cook them for Mud- not being a meat eater, I'm, not all that good at cooking the stuff, but I'm gonna try. Any suggestions from you carnivores out there..... greatly appreciated.
Go Colts!!!
Dungy all the way!!!!!!!!

Yahooooeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
Super Bowl Sunday! Yesterday I bought a big old slab of ribs and I am going to attempt to cook them for Mud- not being a meat eater, I'm, not all that good at cooking the stuff, but I'm gonna try. Any suggestions from you carnivores out there..... greatly appreciated.
Go Colts!!!
Dungy all the way!!!!!!!!

Cook 'em low and slow, that's the only way to do it right. That is assuming you're shooting for barbecue ribs. Grilled ribs are another thing entirely.

If you're using charcoal, use the indirect heat method. In other words, place all your charcoal on one side and place your ribs on the other where this is not heat underneath them. If you have a side exhaust (where the smoke goes up and out) place the ribs there and the charcoal on the other side. This way they cook from the smoke and not necessarily from the actual direct heat from the charcoal. It takes a little longer, but they are very tender. I was say a good fire and one rack would take a couple of hours or so. Once you see the meat receeding from the bone ends, they should be done. Good Luck, oh and season them good a few hours before you smoke them. I don't even use any sauce, just cajun, garlic and whatever else I feel like.

I'm probably too late, but I like to put a rub on them.

I used to work at RIBS restaurant in ABQ (I know, EVERYONE's an expert)

They had a great formula. 2 parts brown sugar, 1 part cayenne, garlic and black pepper mixed) Then pour a splash of red wine for moisture, and then mix up.

Rub by hand until all of the slab is covered and place on grill.

KJ was right, indirect heat method, but right at the last moment it's good to put slab on direct heat to give some sear and a little burn to them. I like grill lines on the meat. This way you get the slow cook and tenderness of the indirect heat, but the charcoal taste of the burn! MmmmMMMmMMMm!!!

Have fun today!

We don't have a grill down here so I baked them in the oven,and they turned out pretty good- fork tender. Now that I have a handle on it, I'll try them again, using these ideas you guys have.
Wow Ian, first you're the neoprene furniture guru and now it's the restaunteur ribs guru- I am so impressed! Let's see......what else do I need to know about?!?

We don't have a grill down here so I baked them in the oven,and they turned out pretty good- fork tender. Now that I have a handle on it, I'll try them again, using these ideas you guys have.
Wow Ian, first you're the neoprene furniture guru and now it's the restaunteur ribs guru- I am so impressed! Let's see......what else do I need to know about?!?

LOL. Aside from the world's best green chile stew recipe, that's the extent of my knowledge. :lol:

BTW, that performance by Prince was the best superbowl halftime show EVER. That's one talented muther trucker.

I wasn't planning on doing much but watching the game, but after all the talk about ribs, I had to run down to the store and cooked me up some baby backs and threw a few beef ribs on also. Mingez, I used rub today also, and I never let the ribs run from the grill until they have felt the direct burn. I kind of like mine crispy on the outside, but tender inside.

I wasn't planning on doing much but watching the game, but after all the talk about ribs, I had to run down to the store and cooked me up some baby backs and threw a few beef ribs on also. Mingez, I used rub today also, and I never let the ribs run from the grill until they have felt the direct burn. I kind of like mine crispy on the outside, but tender inside.

Me too....MMMMmmmMm

BTW, that performance by Prince was the best superbowl halftime show EVER. That's one talented muther trucker.

You gotta be kidding me...

What a girly man he is... what was with the Aunt Jemima doo rag?!?!? What a sissy. :p

BTW, Did I ever mention that I really dislike the Irsay family?

Last edited:

You gotta be kidding me...

What a girly man he is... what was with the Aunt Jemima doo rag?!?!? What a sissy. :p

BTW, Did I ever mention that I really dislike the Irsay family?

I didn't say he was manly and had a great sense of style. I said he's talented and it was an awesome performance. And it was. Nobody else so far has sounded that polished during the halftime show, he rocks period.

Stones, Aerosmith, didn't even compare. And I love the Stones.

His guitar is Hendrix-like. Ask anyone in the business, he's got serious talent. Can play any instrument, and has got serious game. You might not like him or his music, but I guarantee you most musicians can't play the same things he can play. Steve Vai, arguably one of the best guitarists on the planet, idolizes his ability.

He had that crowd eating out of his hands!

Last edited:
I'll give him the talent as far as his guitar skills. I'll give him the fact that his voice has incredible range.

I still didn't care for the show. The songs sounded okay but the timing was off more than once and his appearance was a freakin' distraction to his music.

He just wasn't as good as he was in 1984.

I think they ought to stop making halftime shows old bands. They ought to get some new talent up there every once in a while.

The Stones, Aerosmith, Elton John, Prince... all musicians I like. All of them stunk.

Back