Super Swamper Frenzy

Jizeep

Ok, everyone has heard of the super swamper controversy. They perform, the look amazing, but they wear...I've heard people say they wear down very fast, and some say they wear moderately. I am looking for some super swampers to go on my jeep, it will be an everyday road car as well as off road. I want to get some 35's for now and I was wondering how long the different type of super swampers last...I am mainly looking into tsl sx, ssr's, or thornbirds but I would appreiciate any info on all the the tires....thanks a lot
JP

.............also I was wondering if anyone knew the approximate mileage super swampers can indure

The swamper boggers I had on my TJ lasted me a little over 50k miles. I tried the thornbirds but had to many problems with them loosing their balance to fast and they wear funny. I had regular tsl swampers on a 84 K-5 blazer that held up rather well for about 40k. I decided to try something new this time though...... I just put some Kuhmo Venture M/T's (31x11.5x15) on and am very happy with them so far. They give a quieter ride than swampers and perform just as well (so far).
[addsig]

thanks a lot, when you had the boggers and tsl's...was it more road travel or off-road?
[addsig]

I had a set of Thornbirds that lasted me all of 20K miles. Was not impressed with them at all on or offroad. Very happy with the yokahama's that I have now. Also sell quite a few of the Kumho's at our shop and people seem very happy with those. Let me know if anyone needs a price on these tires. Seem to sell a lot of the Yok's and th Kumhos.
darrin@eastcoastoffroad.com
[addsig]

Both the boggers and the tsl's were both about a 70/30 split on and off road. I got these kuhmo's at the shop I work at (actually a "gift" from kuhmo.... they are using my TJ as a test vehicle so far so good). I'm not sure if they have a website or not..... i'll look and get back to ya. OR ask Darrin he has access to them. The ones I have on now are Venture M/T's 31x11.50x15's. OH YEAH , thornbirds suck... both on and off road. BUT they look good. LoL
image-missing.png

[addsig]

i'm running general grabbers now and they are decent. i'm thinking of going to the tsl tires with the aggressive mud pattern. fogot the name. kinda concerned about wear though. the generals are all around decent tires but they loaded up fairly quick on me the other day in some muck.

greep
image-missing.png

[addsig]

Never been impressed with the Generals. They load up quick and if you live in an area that gets snow they really stink. I've also gotten complants about them hydro planing bad also. Never have run them myself though..
[addsig]

thats interesting you mention that the generals load up quick. i experienced that not too long ago. didnt think much of it since all of us were constantly stuck (we all had different tires). the generals quickly turned to slicks. an annoying feature is that they pickup rocks really well and release them into the wheel wells! PLINK PLINK!

[addsig]

I have Yokahamas on before. I wasn't impressed at all. Wore quickly then had to get rid of them because they dry rotted out after only 3 years. I've had SSR's since then and have been very impressed... till last week then I was on the freeway and the tread separated off of one... Don't know what to think now...

Adam[addsig]

Back