Suspention lifting question

stevejill91

I have a 2000 Wrangler and it has a 2 inch lift with 32's. I was interested in a 3 inch coil spring lift but I wanted to know the limit without having to mess with drivetrail angle alignment and stuff.

Thanks for any info :rolleyes:

I have a 2000 Wrangler and it has a 2 inch lift with 32's. I was interested in a 3 inch coil spring lift but I wanted to know the limit without having to mess with drivetrail angle alignment and stuff.

Thanks for any info :rolleyes:

Generally speaking, on our short wheelbase TJ's you are usually good to go up to about 4-inches without driveshaft concerns. At 4" and above the driveline angles get a little crazy causing nasty vibrations. You will have two choices (1) transfer case lowering kit, which is kind of counter-productive since the idea was to gain more ground clearance, or (2) a double-cardan driveshaft (sometimes incorrectly called a "CV" driveshaft)

Thanks for the replay, I only want to go 2.5 to three inches. I am seing that at 3" i may have to mess with 4L adnustments but 2.5 seems to be safe.

I though of that but having to mess with the fan shroud and possibly radiator mounts along with shift linkage was not what i wanted. I would rather spend the money and do it right. $300.00 for springs and shocks.

Rough Country offers a set of 2.5" springs and shocks for $300 I believe. I've got their springs and like them. If you go taller then 2.5" you'll probably need longer control arms to correct your caster. You'll also need longer swaybar links.

I needed longer brake lines for my 2.5" of lift when offroading. The stock ones were pulled tight when my wheel dropped all the way down.

I plan on keeping my 2.5" Rough Country springs, and adding a 1" body lift. By installing some 1" lift motor mounts you won't have any radiator problems (since the engine will be the same height as the body.

some BL kits come with bolt on radiator adjustment mounts. I think performance accessories does and Zone off road

You guys are great for helping me out. I am thinking of the 2.5 lift springs and shocks. now the jeep has adjusters for the caster.

Back