Sye ??

mattman320

so i'm lookin aorund a slip yoke eliminators for my NP231, what are you guys running? where'd you get it? i've found em on ebay for about 160, are those any good?

I put my SYE in in 2000 and paid way more that that so be thankful!

They are all pretty much the same, the only one that is truely idfferent is the JB super short SYE.

Hey man, I was looking around too and found this one. $180 brand new.

Omix-Ada NP231 Slip Yoke Eliminator

That's just what i got except mine was from jb conversions and cost double (7yrs ago) good price get it!! One thing to think about though, are you planning on wanting lower crawling gears in the future? With all the planetary crawl box's out there you MIGHT want to go with the super short SYE kits out there to save on driveline lenght. my .02

I think I paid some where around 200$ for Tera-flex kit, but I added the 4:1 kit as well and they cut me a deal when I bought both.
Don't forget to add in the cost of a new drive line because the SYE adds close to 4 inches to your real drive line.

thanks for the info guys, yeah i've already planned on new rear driveshaft,

WHICH LEADS ME TO ANOTHER QUESTION

should i get a CV driveshaft when i do this? i will have some pinion angle when i do the axle swap if that mke any difference.

That's just what i got except mine was from jb conversions and cost double (7yrs ago) good price get it!! One thing to think about though, are you planning on wanting lower crawling gears in the future? With all the planetary crawl box's out there you MIGHT want to go with the super short SYE kits out there to save on driveline lenght. my .02

It will be quite a while before I get the super low crawl setup like an atlas or stack, (that's all part of the "can of worms" law I have dicovered applies to Jeeping).

Also, I noticed you're from Portland, I'm from Aurora. between woodburn and Canby just South of Portland. It's been a while since I've been back home, I'm stationed in San Diego, but I was wondering how the good 'ol spotted owl huggers have been treating the offroaders lately. They were shutting stuff down right and left when I was in Highschool about ten years ago. Is Brown's camp still open? Sand Lake? Florence?

thanks for the info guys, yeah i've already planned on new rear driveshaft,

WHICH LEADS ME TO ANOTHER QUESTION

should i get a CV driveshaft when i do this? i will have some pinion angle when i do the axle swap if that mke any difference.
You need a new rear CV driveshaft, the type with the slip-splines in the middle similar to your front driveshaft. I generally get a used TJ or XJ front driveshaft and have it shortened to fit the rear SYE.

Don't forget to adjust your pinion angle, the pinion should be pointing directly at the rear output yoke, so the pinion is directly inline with the driveshaft.

It will be quite a while before I get the super low crawl setup like an atlas or stack, (that's all part of the "can of worms" law I have dicovered applies to Jeeping).

Also, I noticed you're from Portland, I'm from Aurora. between woodburn and Canby just South of Portland. It's been a while since I've been back home, I'm stationed in San Diego, but I was wondering how the good 'ol spotted owl huggers have been treating the offroaders lately. They were shutting stuff down right and left when I was in Highschool about ten years ago. Is Brown's camp still open? Sand Lake? Florence?

Ya all that is still going strong. TSF has it's fire issues every summer but thats about it. plus all the yahoos @ sandlake. Got family down is salem and down in imperial beach. Keep up the good work, your cntry appreciates it.

good info fellas, yeah i've already planned on the pinion angle. As i can't weld really nor do i have the room do do all of this, i've got good buddy with a shop says he'll throw in the 8.8 hook it all up AND do SOA for 100 bucks. I tihnk this is an excellent deal, all i have to do is take him the axle (and he HAS done ths beforeon his own YJ). But im figurein if i go SOA on top of my 3" shackels now i'll definitely need new rear driveshaft AND shocks AND an SYE.

so is the 100 bucks as good a deal as i think it is? he'd so antiwrap bars too but that would be extra that i do'nt got right now and i'd install the sshocks and stuff myself

ps. the 100 bucks also includes welding the tubes to the diff

Back