teflon leaf-spring spacers

gunner

Do the teflon leaf-spring spacers that reduce friction between the ends of the pack have a name?? I took a pack a part to inspect it on my 78 CJ5, and the things fell apart - little black plastic pieces all over the table, and I haven't found any advertised in the catalogues.

Any sugestions or info??

ps - love the girls on the banner
image-missing.png
[addsig]

you mean the bushings? available at any dealer or probably most parts stores...

[addsig]

Thanks for the reply, but I have found the bushings everywhere. I mean the flat, plastic-teflon jobbers that go between each individual leaf. They are supposed to reduce the friction between the leaves....[addsig]

You are right they are spacer pads, you will find them at a truck & trailer spring shop I doudt anyone else would have them.[addsig]

Thanks, I'll give it a try - I think there are a few around town...[addsig]

Check with any spring shop. A 4wd mag did an article on a teflon tape that comes in a roll, cut and stick (self-adhesive) to your leaves.[addsig]

Thanks for the input.

Do the teflon pads make any difference???[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Do the teflon pads make any difference???</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't use them, and the springs will squeek a LOT
image-missing.png
[addsig]

In case any one was interested...

After some checking around, I was able to track down a place that sells just the anti friction pads that go between the leaves.

Alcan spring has them for just about .50 a piece. They just need to know the with of the springs, and the diameter of the hole tab, and how many you need. These guys were exceedingly helpful - quick response on e-mail and a toll free number - 1-888-321-0870.

FYI[addsig]

My uncle used bicycle inner-tubes. 20 years later they're still doing well.[addsig]

Back