the jeep wave

Hey Natty! Some Jeeps are bigger in TX! Been here 7 yrs, MI transplant...familiar with Columbus area. Now trying to get used to the idea of the "Texans"
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I learned about the wave in Illinois when I first bought it. A buddy of mine was a Willies owner and he filled me in.

I've been in a few places around the world so I'll give my experience by location.

Western PA - CJ/YJ/TJ love to return it, it was rare when they didn't.

Baltimore, MD / Wash. D.C. - Modded, yep. Unmodded TJ, rarely.

San Diego, CA - Fer Shure...

Colorado Springs, CO - mostly, exceptions were unmodded TJs

Bahrain (Persian Gulf) - *Only* to/from American military personnel wether it was modded or not. Locals didn't

seem to understand. I had enough trouble explaining that a suzuki was *not* a jeep. That made my blood

boil.

East Coast of Australia - Spent a month there. Saw one (1) jeep on my road trip (not in my jeep, unfortunately)

it was a beautifully restored willies. Everyone else seemed to have land rovers... Poor, misguided souls.

Hong Kong - No jeeps, just taxis.

Conclusion: If an owner mods it, or it's older, waves aplenty. If daddy bought it for the self-absorbed little snot,

blank stares.

Cooper.[addsig]

let me reword what i said earlier because it sounds a little confusing. i meant to say that most people that dont wave to me are usually people that drive TJ's (with the exception to modified TJ's) because they use them for transportation purposes only and arent jeep fanatics or jeep crazy as the rest of us. and about the girls comment-like i said girls mainly drive TJ's and i have never seen a girl wave at me.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

ExtremeYJ[addsig]

I agree with you on the lack of waves from TJ's and women....but I drive a TJ and wave to everyone I see so don't count us all out.[addsig]

I wave at all jeeps when I am trail riding cause they are always the one's that will stop to help me out when I get stuck. Man, I really need to buy a jeep.[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Hey Natty! Some Jeeps are bigger in TX! Been here 7 yrs, MI transplant...familiar with Columbus area. Now trying to get used to the idea of the "Texans"
image-missing.png
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

All props to Tx. Great peeps. Genuine attitude towards life. At least in the small town I lived in. Michigan? Have a good buddy from Perry, Mi. outside East Lansing. A town resembling Columbus but with more snow (we had it three out of seven years in Tx.). Ever heard of it? He won't be offended if you call him an inbread backwoods webfoot sister lovin' brother. He's a great swimmer!!! In the down time...show the Jeep you love him/her by giving it some exercise off road. There's plenty of open space where you are at. Take it easy. Adios (that means goodbye if you are near Brownsville) Matt.[addsig]

I always been a Jeep fan, My brother had a 94 YJ and everytime we would go somewhere people would wave, it was great that jeep onwers did that! 5 years later (june 2002) i bought a 2002 TJ and on my test drive,which i didnt need i just couldnt wait to drive it
image-missing.png
. A guy in a white YJ waved to me, keep in mind i still had the window sticker on the windshield! I knew I was gonna love beening a jeep owner. Ive been coming to this site about a year now, even befor i owned a jeep and "yall":p are a good group of people BTW this is my first post [addsig]

I am moving soon, so hopefully my next location will be more jeep friendly. However, I wave at every type of jeep and I am a woman in a 2001 TJ. Still it is very rare I get a wave back, even from older jeeps or modified ones...and even if they are driven by guys! Gasp!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I drive a TJ and wave to all jeeps that I see some I do miss some due to kids in the back or adjusting radio,etc. I have noticed that most jeeps wave back, even the tj's without mods and the women well let me tell you my wife don't like that.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I most especialliy wave at the ladies in jeeps, but I also wave to all the ladies what ever they drive. I am not forward or think the ladies all can't wait for me to wave but around here everybody waves. I am just Southern and I fancy myself a gentleman, and was taught that you are to be nice to all and very nice to the Ladies. However Jeep Ladies are by far the most waveable. Jeep gals are above the normal cause thay are smart enough to not drive a honda, and I have herd that "Jeep Girls like to Jeep Topless" and "Do it in the mud" is this true? Tug

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

When I had my CJ, it was very cool to have other CJ's wave. When I got the Cherokee, no one would wave, so I stopped waving. Looking forward to getting another CJ, but in the meantime, I'll start waving again (need to get back into practice). If others don't wave back, they don't get it. Those that do, do!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I kind of thought so mam! Big Jeep Wave Howdy to you lady! Tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

In response to icoopers post:

Man don't you just hate it when ppl call their Trackers/Suzukis/Izuzus a "jeep". Those things are definitely NOT "jeeps" and could never even come close to "jeep-ness". It would be like someone that has a honda civic saying its a corvette. It just ain't right! If if it don't say JEEP then it aint a JEEP. 'Nuff said.[addsig]

die topic die!! hehe

if you want to wave, wave...if you don't, don't...if you don't get a response get on with life

"Conclusion: If an owner mods it, or it's older, waves aplenty. If daddy bought it for the self-absorbed little snot,

blank stares."

-it is frightening how true that statement was

[addsig]

oh god, i was responsible for yet another page of this trivial sh*t

my fault[addsig]

It's kind of funny that I was the one that resurrected this topic...and damn....its still here hehe.

berettajeep Posted: Aug 01, 2002 - 12:04 PM

RayOvac Posted: Oct 27, 2002 - 07:10 AM

its been almost everyday since then hehe.[addsig]

for the sake of humor, im going to post, just to keep 'er going[addsig]

Back